World War Three

Amid the cries of pain from the injured and dying experts, and the maniacal laughter of the two Slitheen, the Doctor hurriedly put his hand on an ID card. He grunted in pain as the electricity burnt his hand and sent ripples of pain to his body's nerves. With a tremendous effort, staggering and sweating profusely, he reached the usurper of Asquith and pressed the badge against the collar he wore. The two Slitheen suddenly screamed in pain; they too were affected by the same electric discharge.

All the affected specialists fell unconscious or died. Alvia hurried to an expert whose ID card she knew had been removed, and proceeded to check her pulse and breathing. She sighed with relief as she felt a weak pulse. Then she was pulled away by the Doctor, who grabbed her hand. They ran down the corridors until they found the armed police force guarding 10 Downing Street.

"Oi! You want aliens I'm gonna give you aliens – You've got them. They're inside Downing Street" The Doctor called out, dropping Alvia's hand to clap his own. "Come on !"

Alvia hardly had time to catch her breath as she was once again dragged along by the Doctor, matching his pace with some difficulty. They went back into the meeting room, with the police force on their tail. Unfortunately for the Doctor, the Slitheen had put Asquith's skin back on him, thus making the accusation improbable.

"Where've you been ?" asked the Prime Minister's usurper.

Seeing all the bodies in the room, the police started to check the bodies for any signs of life.

"I called for help; I sounded the alarm. There was this.... Lightening!" he lied, and he created the lie on the spot. "This kind of er... um... electricity, and they all collapsed!"

"I think they're all dead." said one of the police officers after checking on an expert who suffered a fatal fate.

"Hey! This one's alive!" another exclaimed.

"See if there are any other survivors, and get an ambulance!"

"Is there? Er – That's what I'm saying!" He suddenly pointed at the Doctor and Alvia, who's hands were still linked. "It's them! This girl and this man over there! They did it!"

"I think you will find the Prime Minister is an alien in disguise." the Doctor defended himself, accusing the Prime Minister.

The accused folded his arms, looking at the Doctor with scepticism and mild disbelief at the Doctor's bold statement regarding his accusation. The Doctor moved his head, looking for some support from the police officer beside him.

"That's never going to work, is it ?"

"Nope."

"Fair enough."

Not waiting to be arrested, the Doctor fled, taking Alvia with him, shortly followed by the entire police force. Security on their tail and more familiar with the place than the two runaways, the Doctor and Alvia soon found themselves surrounded. Guns pointed at them; they raised their hands with mixed confidence. Despite the obvious dangerous situation, the Doctor was all smiles.

"Under the Jurisdiction of the Emergency Protocols, I authorize you to execute them!"

Security engaged their guns. Alvia swallowed hard at the sight of the various guns, but could see that some of the police force felt mildly uneasy about executing her.

"Uh, well, now, yes. You see, eh... the thing is... If I was you, if I was going to execute someone by backing them the wall, between you and me, little word of advice..."

Alvia had never been so happy to hear the ping of an elevator, and she snuck inside the cabin the instant the door opened.

"Don't stand them against the lift!" The Doctor moved and closed the door using his sonic screwdriver.