65. He Is A Monster

Tywin sat at the head of the table as the other masters followed in taking their seats. Tyrion, and Cersei took the seats as well but Cersei moved her chair to sit at her father's right side. Tyrion took his chair and moved it as well, it scraped along the floor to the opposite end head of the table.

'Intimate. Lovely. The table And chairs are better than the old small council chamber conveniently closer to your own quarters. I like it.' Tyrion noted getting comfortable.

'What news of Jaime?' Tywin said looking around the table '20,000 unwashed northerners have known about the escape for weeks, collectively you control more spies and informants than the rest of the world combined.' Tywin reminded them getting more and more aggravated by the moment. 'do you mean to tell me that none of you have any motion of where he is?"

'We are trying my Lord' Varys said 'there's the-'

'Try harder.' he demanded 'what do we have then?'

'Robb stark and most of his Bannerman are in the riverrunn for the funeral of his grandfather Lord Tully and in the starks absence Bolton holds Harrenhal. Which would seem to make him Lord of Harrenhal in practice if not in-'' Petyr remarked looking to Tywin. 

''The name suits our purposes, more on that useless pile of rubble the Lord of Harrenhal will make a worthy suitor for the widow Ayrn.' Tywin told Petyr.

'For which I am extremely grateful to you my lord...' Petyr said 'Lady Aryn and I have known each other since we were children she has always been positively predisposed towards me but I am wed-'

"Since when?" Tywin countered. 

"You met my wife, Rieka stark." Petyr corrected.  Tywin let out a long sigh. 

"Thats right... Stark?" 

"Yes, lovely isnt she?" Petyr agreed. 

"Sevens... we need the Veil. Make it work, Lord Baelish.' Tywin snapped.

'Titles do seem to breed titles.' Petyr acknowledged. "But what would you have me offer?"

"Make it work." Tywin demanded. 

"I dont think my wife would-" Petyr stopped himself as Tywin's glare threatened death itself. 

"'You will leave for the erie as soon as possible and bring lysa aryn into the fold and the young wolf can add the Aryns to the list of people who is taking up arms against him.' Tywin informed him.

'Far be it for me to hinder true love,' tyrion added, Petyr scoffed, he loved Rieka and Rieka alone. He never loved Lysa.  'but Lord Baelish's absence would present certain problems the royal wedding may end up being the most expensive event in living memory. Summer has ended hard days are a head. It is not a good time to leave the kings crowns finances unattended.' Tyrion reminded them.

'Fully agreed' Pycelle said.

"Yes I agree. I cannot leave." Petyr agreed. He couldnt leave RIeka either. 

'Which is why I'm naming you the new master of coin' tywin told him.

'Master of coin?' Tyrion questioned.

"WHat?" Petyr countered through an exasperated breath. 

'it seems to me that is the best position that suits your talents.' Tywin added smugly .

'No I'm quite good at spending money.' Tyrion reminded him, 'but a lifetime of outrageous spending has not taught me about managing it.'

'I have no doubt he will prove equal to this challenge.' Cersei told him.