Chapter 2

Brylee's POV:

I wake up fifteen minutes before my alarm goes off. I yawn and slowly sit up in bed. After last night's fiasco i slept pretty good due to exhaustion but i wish i was a little bit more rested before my big day. 

Today is the day. The day my life changes forever.

 I glance over at my phone and see a text from my mom. How sweet, i know this text is just to make sure that i'm awake and ready to go but i play her game anyways. 

"Good luck today! You're going to crush it." I smile sending a quick thank you text back and waltz over to my scrubs.

I pull off my pajamas and basically jump into my new uniform. They're dark blue and the most comfortable work attire a person could ever have. I swear i don't see a reason to take them off unless i need to wash them. I start packing my bag for the day and make sure to put extra clothes just incase. Once I have everything together I walk out of my room and make my way to the door. 

"Let's do this shit" I grin and grab my car keys heading over to the hospital.

Once i park i slide out of the car and walk up to the double doors i ran through last night. The adrenaline coursing through me last night didn't give me the opportunity to take in the hospital. It was huge. It was about four stories high and looked brand new. 

From down here it looks a little intimidating, im sure ill get used to it but it's not helping that the woman i've been waiting to meet for my whole career is beyond those sliding doors. 

Feeling a little nervous i take a deep breathe, straighten my head, push my shoulders back, smile, and walk through the doors. 

Confidence.

There's a petite woman sitting at the receptionist desk this time. She has red hair put into two braids and the deepest blue eyes i've ever seen. She was probably around 40 years old is my best guess, she really didn't seem that old though. She glances over at me and smiles.

"Hi there love. I'm going to assume with the scrubs, that you happen to be our new resident. Ms. Franklin i presume?" Her southern accent is so thick it instantly makes me smile.

"Yes ma'am! I know i'm a little early, I wanted to come check on a dog that was dropped off here last night" I explain hoping she doesn't think i'm trying to get extra points for being early. Also who would say no to a couple extra minutes with their hero. 

"Hmm, let me see if i can get Dr. Matthews out here so she can go ahead and take you back!" she presses a page button and goes back to her computer.

"If you need anything, my name is Irene" she shoots me a short smile.

"Thank you! And you can call me Brylee" I beam. 

My heart starts to hammer against my chest. This is the moment i've been waiting for. Meeting Dr. Matthews. My eyes glaze over dreamily as i wait for the doors to open. I can feel the sweat formulating on my hands and suddenly it's a million degrees in this building.

After maybe three minutes, which felt excruciatingly long, the door i've been staring at opens.

And you will never believe who walks through them. The Dr. from last night. Miss bitchy herself, miss interrupting me mid sentence, miss puts her hand up to make someone stop talking because she's that much of a bitch. Or more easily explained as...

The bitch one.

I am completely aware that my mouth is hanging open. When Irene said that Dr. Matthews was going to be on her way i wasn't expecting this women to walk through the doors. Unless this was Dr. Matthews? There is no way this is Dr. Matthews....Right? Maybe she sent out the other doctor to escort me somewhere.