Chapter 3

Brylee's POV:

I close the door smirking and make my way back to the vet tech office.

"Someone looks smitten" Alyssa chimes in as I open the door. I roll my eyes at her attempt to get me to spill. I'd rather do that somewhere far far away from Dr. Matthews.

"And why would I be smitten?" I questioned.

"You tell me big shot, whose office did you just come from?" She smirks.

"Just the one and only world class veterinarian in the building" I shove her shoulder laughing.

"Okay WOW, not you too" she laughs starting to pack up her stuff.

"I almost don't want to leave" I whine following her lead in packing up my stuff.

"You want to be here longer?" Davis groans.

"I like it here. It's surreal saving all these animals, and learning so much from Dr. Matthews. It's a dream come true." I laugh. How could they not feel the same way.

"What's your deal with Jordan?" Alyssa cocks her head at me.

"What do you mean?" I cock my head back at her.

"Why do you talk about her like she's a gracious angel and not the tyrant she is." she laughs sitting on top of her desk.

"Have you read her research work? Seen her awards? Read her books? She's a genius" I protest her laughing.

"Well yeah but what's your deal with her as a person Brylee, her work is top tier of course, but do you even get her as a person?" Alyssa explains further.

"Oh...I'm not sure yet. I guess i'm indifferent about her as of right now other than her being my idol and hero, other than stuff having to do with her work I don't know anything about her you know" I frown.

What does that really mean? Her deal as a person. I honestly just met her I don't know how I was suppose to know that much about her to answer that.

She is smart. She doesn't show that much emotion or willing to converse deeper than her work. The most I could get out of her was a couple of blushes.

"Oh too bad, I was really hoping you had a better answer to that. I've been trying to figure out that answer for months" She grumbles and i smack her arm again.

Why was Alyssa even asking me. I'm sure she knows Jordan better than I do. She literally walked in talking about sex today, how much closer could you get to someone.

"Idiot" I laugh.

"So Brylee, Davis and I are going to head to the bar down the street for a little, come with, we can celebrate your first day as a resident!" Alyssa beams at me.

"I don't know guys, I gotta be back here around ten for day two" i smile sadly at them.

"You really sound like Jordan, always wanting to work" Davis mumbles walking up to us.

"I definitely see it" Alyssa looks me up and down nodding her head.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I grin at them. I don't see the problem with reminding them of Jordan. Isn't that the whole point of me working under her.

"Brylee you're coming and that's final, we won't keep you out too late I promise" Alyssa puts her hands together in a begging motion.

"Fineee" I groan knowing I'm going to regret this in the morning.

"We're gonna have so much fun" Alyssa smirks hopping off of the desk.

"Are we ready to go then?" Davis asks grabbing his bags.