one

"kurt?! baby!" courtney shouted up the stairs.  but the woman didn't get a response back.

she suddenly felt confused. her boyfriend usually answers her imediantly.

but this time it was odd. different. strange. she couldn't help but have her mind twist with confusion and worrisome.

placing her porcelain pale hand onto the wooden stairway handle, she began to step her bare feet up the steps.

as she walked, it was somewhat eerie. the only sounds that can be heard is the ticking of the clock and the rain pitter pattering outside.

reaching the top of the stairs, courtney called again. "honey?"

but once more, a response didn't return. a bit of anxiety crawled up her neck as she started to walk down the hall.

but she froze. her head tilted in the very slightest. she glanced down to witness a trail of petals.

her cheeks began to warm up with a dust of crimson red. a smile began to rise on her face.

she followed the petals down the hallway. they are traced to the couple's shared bedroom.

reaching the door, it is cracked slightly. courtney began to feel curious.

with a slight push of the wooden white painted door, it opened. her eyes lighten up with a gleam of happiness.

on the bed, is a heart-shaped box. but kurt was no where to be seen. she raised her eyebrow slightly.

the woman approached the bed. picking up the heart-shaped box. it's clearly made by her boyfriend.

butterflies sworn the inside of her stomach. her heart fluttered in adoration as she eyed the box with love and admiration.

she must've been too distracted by the little details on the box that she didn't realize kurt walked in the room.

"rah!" kurt exclaimed as he hugged her from behind. courtney gasped from being startled but relaxed once she felt her boyfriends arms around her.

"kurt! you scared the fuck outta me!" courtney exclaimed as her head turned to look at him.

kurt lightly scoffed as he chuckled. "sorryy." he muttered as he kissed her cheek.

"nevermind about that, where have you been?"courtney asked. kurt sighed as he moved his arms back.

she turned to face kurt. a questioning expression on her face.

"just been up here." kurt replied in honesty. courtney hummed. "y'know, you could've came downstairs and said hi.."

kurt cleared his throat as he leaned his head up and kissed courtney's cheek. "i assumed you were too tired for my nonsense."

"too tired? babe, it was just a concert." courtney answered as she walked herself back to the bed. she sets the heart-shaped box on the nightstand.

"well, yeah - but." kurt began but courtney cut him off. "oh don't give me that, honey. you could've came down and said hi." she repeated.

kurt was about to disagree but instead kept his mouth shut. he smiled at his girlfriend and chuckled lightly.

instead, he said - "yeah, i should've."