The Pentagon

A slight shove to my shoulder woke me up my beautiful slumber. I hate them already.

'Think we have a leak' John B's voice came.

Great. I got up to take a look. Yep, there it was dripping away, another thing to fix. Agatha must have gone to work. I went to check outside, John B following me, obviously thinking the same thing,

'Yo JJ you been outside'

A huge tree had fallen, roots up, everything, and really close to the HMS. This is gonna be a lot of work.

' I have polio bro I can't walk' classic. How many times has he used that?

'Shit JJ, quick, help!' I exclaimed behind the door, lying comfortably on the couch, not that he knew that though.

Worried plastered all over his face he burst through the door, scanning the room. A sly smirk spread across my face, arms supporting my head behind me and legs crossed, the pose of ultimate relaxation. 'It's a miracle! He's been cured!' I laughed cocking my head.

He rolled his eyes, 'don't do that again', he replies

We made our way outside looking at the beautiful destructions Agatha had done. Thanks, girlfriend. Looks like this is all we will be doing all summer. Goodbye, good time all the time. John B started taking the leaves out of the HMS cleaning it up a bit,

'what you thinking' JJ queried

I know what he's thinking. DCS isn't going to come in this weather, which gives him another day to do what he wants. I'm so on board.

'I'm thinkin' that the storm surge pushed all of the crabs out on the marsh maze' He looked around at us wondering why we weren't as bothered by it as he was. Because me and JJ would much rather stay home and smoke a bit of weed on our 'free day'. Possibly do some other random shit. Not support ourselves. That's what he's here for.

Think about it' he says 'It's God telling us to fish.' He has some perverted perception of God. If he's real and that's all he telling us right now, we are so fucked.

Me and JJ drag our feet onto the boat, letting John B do whatever dads do and get set up while I flop my head down onto JJ's lap, exhausted. Eyes closed, I feel the boat set off as JJ adjusts himself, his hands playing with my hair. I'm about to drop off to sleep when I hear John B cover his mouth and put a 'speaker voice' on.

'We have a safety meeting, attendance mandatory'. Nerd.

'I can't, my pops has got me on lockdown' Pope replies. Pope! I sit up quickly, looking to see what's going on.

JJ mimics John B's previous 'static' voice, ' Come on man' he says, 'Yours dad a pussy, over'

Oh damn, Heyward ain't gonna like that one. And on cue...

'Oh I heard that you little bastard'

'It's island rules, the day after a hurricane is a free one' I pull out of my arse but shrug my shoulders confidently.

'Who made that up?' Hayward inquires

'Uhhh' I drawl, trying to think of an answer.

"Pentagon, we actually have security clearance' JJ chips in and then proceeds to pat around him dramatically, 'I have a card somewhere'

'We've actually been working there for a bit now, you know they needed a range of tax brackets' I nod pouting my lips slightly. 'Representative and shit'

'Y'all think I'm stupid?' No actually.

'I'll do it tomorrow. I promise, Tomorrow' Pope pleads

'No, No. Hell no. You doin' it right now'