Incriminating Evidence

We start approaching the motel the key belongs to. God, it looked bad. Agatha did work on it. There was rubbish everywhere, turned over boats and fallen down sides. The side of the building was covered in mould, the stairs rotting and the paint peeling as though it hadn't been painted since it had first been built. Which it probably hadn't. I wasn't the only one who noticed either.

'I thought the chateau looked bad' JJ says, getting ready to land the boat

'This place is a shitshow' John B says

'And to think we had our work cut out for the summer, this will be an all-year-round production' I join in

'Motel or meth lab' says Kie, good point. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was both.

'You be the judge' Pope responds

'This doesn't look like the type of place a person with a Grady white would stay' John B says, as I stand up, getting ready to get off the boat.

'Nope, looks like the place a person with a Grady White would get killed' Pope states, as I take the opportunity to dig JJ in his sides. He jumps clearly on edge, as I laugh at the effect of my gesture. He jumps off the boat steadying it, as he reaches out his hand to help me off, John B about to follow behind

'Hey' Pope says making us all turn around, 'Don't let them do anything stupid' finger pointing at me and JJ as I lean slightly into him with my hand on my heart, pretending to look offended.

'Oh we will' JJ blatantly puts, putting his arm around my shoulder and pulling me closer, both of us smiling.

John B takes one look at us and turns back to Pope 'I'm not making any promises'

'Yeah I know' Pope murmurs looking defeated.

'Be careful' Kie says looking at John B, giving him the keys. Oh I know he's going crazy right now.

'I mean it' she says, sincerity in her eyes.

Me and JJ turn to look at each other, both seeing if the other just saw that as well. Yep it definitely happened

As we make our way up the stairs to the motel room, me and JJ start to bring up what just occurred.

'Just be so careful, John' JJ grabs his shoulders before caressing his face'

'Yeah.. Yeah,' I stutter mimicking John B's voice, putting a face on which looks like you have no thought in the world other than what's in front of you.

'God you're both so weird' said John B,  'and Marls I don't sound like that'

'What do you mean?' I keep the voice on 'This sounds exactly like you?'

JJ laughs, 'I mean c'mon John B what the heck was that all about?'

'I don't know maybe she wants us to be careful?' John B replies

'Since she's heard you've been threatened with exile, she's just been like, uh' JJ fake moans, massaging John B's shoulders, 'Oh! Be so careful John B, just give me that John D already'

'Like when are you gonna swoop on that man?'

John B pushes JJ off, 'Bro you know the rule, no pogue-on-pogue macking'

'Like that's an actual rule' I laugh, JJ looking at me with disbelief, 'What? John B, you only made that up because of that one spin the bottle game in like fifth grade'

'You and JJ wouldn't have stopped if it wasn't for me' he rolls his eyes.

'It was a peck, Johnny boy' I shrug, looking at JJ who seems to have no thought in his head except for what I'm saying 'I know you saw your best friends' friendships flash before your eyes though'