Chapter 2 - A Trap

The next morning came bright and early; Sam groaned as the sun pierced through his eyelids. They were back on the road, trekking down the next creature to be slaughtered. Yet when he asked Dean where they were going, he got a roundabout answer.

"You'll know when we get there." He kept repeating himself and Sam was beginning to wonder if somehow he really pissed off his brother so badly that he was keeping him out of the loop.

"Come on Dean, can't you talk to me?" he sighed.

"I don't want to talk about it Sammy, just let it go alright?"

Sam sat back in his seat, his brother had been acting weird since they left Lawrence and he wondered if what had happened with the Skinwalker had finally messed with his head. But who would know? As far as the world knew it, Dean was dead and that was the end of it.

"What's next with dad's trail?" he asked again, wanting to know what the heck they were up against.

Dean slammed on the brakes and swerved the car off to the curb and parked. He turned to Sam with anger in his hazel eyes. "I TOLD you, you'll find out when we get there. Now will you just shut up!" he barked.

Sam looked at his brother bewildered. This was a first for Dean. First the no information section and now telling him to shut up. What the hell was up with his brother?

"Come on Dean, you can talk to me, what the heck is going on with you?"

Dean shook his head; his breathing irregular yet as he lifted his head and looked dead on to his brother did Sam realize one thing. This wasn't his brother anymore.

"Oh shit." He said before Dean grabbed him by the throat. "Take a nap Sammy dear. We'll be coming to our destination soon and I don't need you running off on me." He said and knocked him out with one swift movement of his hand.

Sam's unconscious body slumped back against the seat as Dean put the car in gear. It was getting late and it was damn time they got to Bethlehem.

Morgantown, Pennsylvania

Meg sat at the bar, drinking her beer as she watched the men walk about her, watching her every move. Her short black skirt was the hit for the night and her long legs made these boys all but drop to their knees for her. She smirked; how easy it was to toy with men's affections yet her mind came stumbling back to the fighter Sammy. God how she wanted him for that body of his. She shuddered. Damn it Meg, keep to the plan. She snapped back to attention, waiting for the one man that would lead her to the one person she needed the most.

And in he came, John Winchester, the father of Sam. Yet he was unaware that she was here. She had worn a long red hair wig, disguising herself as someone else. It would be a pity to be spotted ever so easily this time around.

Her eyes followed his every movement; he was talking to some guys at the pool table, glancing her way. She hissed in annoyance. What was it with old guys and sexy young women? She shook her head, John needed to take her to Sam, and she needed him then and now.

John came her way; she stood and pulled down her skirt, ready to leave. Yet as she started to leave, someone grabbed her elbow and pulled her back to the bar.

"Can I buy you a drink?" John asked, his Dean-like charm rubbing off on her.

"Nah, I'm going home. Early morning ya know." She said and winked.

"Oh come on, one drink, I promise."

She sighed, the only way to Sam was through his father and what better way. "Sure." She finally said.

He signaled the bartender and turned back to her. She was exotic and beautiful, yet she seemed ever so familiar. Meg smiled; his thoughts were so clear in her mind.

The beers were placed in front of them and John took a long, hard swig. Meg raised an eyebrow; maybe this would be easier than she thought. "So what brings you to Bethlehem?" she asked coyly.

"My job. I'm a foreman, looking for work actually. Was laid off in California."

"I may be of some help there." She laughed, "My father has a construction site down the road and is looking for help. Maybe I can take you over in a bit and see? He's working late tonight, he's on a deadline and it's fast approaching."

John looked indecisive. Maybe she was too forward and needed to think up another lie to get him alone.

"I mean if you like to wait until the morning I can completely understand. It is quite late."

He shook his head and laughed, "Sorry, my dear. Been on the road all day. Just tired, but I would like to speak to your father about a job. Just don't let on that I bought you a beer or he might get a bit mad that I was hitting on his little girl."