Chapter 11 - Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Dean shoveled the last bit of dirt over Meg's grave out in the wilderness. They'd torched her body and buried it where no one would find it, bringing relief over the Winchester family. John had come to his senses and sat in the Impala chatting away with Alana, learning more about the daughter he hardly knew. Dean and Sam were finishing their jobs, giving Alana some breathing room after last night's façade.

Sam closed the journal and looked to his brother, a sigh of relief washing over him. It was over, no more Meg, ghosts, demons or the works, but something overcame them as they looked over to the car, terror in their eyes. From the mist of the early morning fog did the creature emerge, hastily making its way to the car. Sam screamed to Alana who jumped into the driver's seat, trying to put the car in gear before being roughly thrown from the car.

Her neck snapped, her body falling lifelessly to the ground. John was screaming over and over for his daughter as the beast tore the door open and pulled him from the car. As the beast turned to the brothers did the face appear of that whom they just buried. Meg.

"NO!" Dean yelled, as he ran to his sister's side, Sam was fighting off the beast, trying to save their father. "You damn witch!" he yelled, flinging himself into Meg. "How could you kill Alana? How could you!" he yelled before darkness overcame them.

Sam awoke abruptly and sat up in his bed, startling Alana from her fitful sleep. She sleepily rubbed her eyes and looked over to him. "Are you alright Sam?"

"Just another nightmare. This time it was scary."

She crawled over to him and put her arms around him, laying her head on his shoulder. "Want to talk about it?" she whispered, glancing over to Dean and their father, still asleep on the next bed.

"You died Alana, and we couldn't stop Meg. My god, I can't..." he stopped.

"I'm here Sam, you'll protect me, and I know it. As you heard dad, I'm going to your Aunt Darlene's. He thinks it's best that I'm not with you and Dean. I disagree but there's not much I can do now is there?"

He held her in his arms, he'd grown fond of her over the days she'd been with them and to let her go just as quickly bore a hole in his heart. "I disagree too Alana, dad is wrong, we all need to stick together. You at Aunt Darlene's is just insane."

She nodded, "Try and argue that case to dad."

He smiled, even in the dark room she could tell that he was smiling. He brushed her hair from her face, she looked up to him, "Sam, I'm going to miss you the most. Somehow I feel connected to you. It's odd, but I never had siblings growing up and now that I found you, I don't want to give you or Dean up."

"I know Alana; I'll see what I can do."

She scooted back to her side of the bed and lied down, pulling the covers over her. Sam laid next to her, looking at her, smiling. "Get some sleep and I'll try and not have another nightmare."

She pulled herself into his arms, "I won't let you." She said and closed her eyes, falling asleep in his arms.

**********

That morning, Dean and John awoke to find the siblings sleeping in that same position. John was furious, it was unacceptable for a brother to hold a sister like he did and was about to yell when Dean put his hand up and stopped him.

"He had another nightmare last night dad, I heard them talking. She fell asleep in his arms to protect him. She loves him dad, there is nothing you can do to them to break them apart, so I warn you, leave them be."

John shook his head, "It's inappropriate."

"They're sleeping, nothing more and besides you're the one tearing them apart by sending her away."