The start

Scott is walking through the dark forest, thinking about nothing in particular, when he slips on a leaf, loosing his footing. Regaining his composure and balance, he continued walking, still rattled from the slip, he doesn't notice the path turn, and walks directly off a cliff. Dumbass. 

Jimmy is walking past a river, when he hears a scream. Dropping his tools, he rushes off to help the person. After a few minutes, he sees a body slumped over a rock. Horrified, he rubs his eyes and looks again. It's Scott. "SCOTT?!" He rushes over to him and flips him over so he faces the sky. "Oh thank Joel you have a pulse" Jimmy said, shaking. He picks Scott up and carries him gently to his house. After lying Scott on his bed, he began to assess the damage done to his body. After feeling his stomach, he felt his ribs were broken, and immediately got to work. After 30 minutes, Scott was wrapped up with his bones (mostly) in place, and Jimmy started to work on the smaller scratches and bruises on Scott's body. Tired after the hours of work on his friend, Jimmy sat on the bed next to Scott and leaned against the wall, eventually, he drifted off to sleep. 

Scott awakens a few hours after Jimmy fell asleep, rubbing his eyes and yawning. Jimmy jolted awake. "Oh, Scott, you're awake!" He gave Scott a hug and Scott tried to pretend his face wasn't burning up. Was he in Jimmy's bed? "What happened?" Scott asked, looking around. "I don't even know, I found you on a rock under a cliff, I guess you fell off." Scott chuckled. "Of course I did. Am I gonna live?" Now Jimmy laughed. "You'll be fine, a couple ribs are broken, but some rest and you'll be fine, thank goodness." Scott now knew his face was red. Jimmy cared so much. "Are you alright? You're all red!" Jimmy put a hand to Scott's forehead, and pulled it away immediately. "Geez! You're burning up! I'll go get you some water." And he rushed off. Scott sat up and covered his face with his hands. Why was he so embarrassed? It's not like he likes Jimmy... right? No, he can't. He's just embarrassed that he fell of a cliff. Jimmy rushed back in and Scott lied back down and took a sip of the water. Calming down, he looked up at Jimmy and saw a worried face looking back down. "You look ill, Im going to run over to Lizzies and see if she had any medicine." He picked up his phone and called someone. "Hey dude, can you come over for a little? Scott is sick and I dont wanna leave him alone." Scott now knew he was embarrassed over the whole cliff-falling incident and not being in love with his best friend. "Alright, see you in a moment!" Jimmy hung up the phone. "That was Joel, he's gonna be here in a minute." Jimmy  sat on the edge of the bed and put a hand on Scott's face. "You really do seem ill, do you feel okay?" "I feel a little weird, but that could just be the broken ribs." Jimmy laughed, and for a moment, Scott felt a weird feeling, staring into his eyes. A knock at the door broke the connection, and Jimmy got up to get it. What is going on? Why does he feel this way suddenly? Maybe it's aftermath of the fall, atleast he hopes it is. Jimmy walked back in with Joel, and began explaining the situation. Joel laughed. "You fell off a cliff? Bozo." Scott glared at him. "Look god man, I wasn't paying attention. You know alot about that." Joel smiled. "Okay Jimmy, he's in safe hands." Jimmy gave him a skeptical look. "I promise, he'll be fine." Jimmy grabbed his bag and left.

Jimmy made it to Lizzie's, and knocked on her door. Lizzie opened the door. "Hey Lizzie, do you have any medicine for fevers? Scott's sick." "Oh! Of course! Is he alright?" "He's doing okay, he's very red. Could i also get some pain killers? He... fell off a cliff." Lizzie burst into laughter. "Im sorry, that wasn't funny," she said, composing herself. "I can get that for you too. One moment." Jimmy waited at her front door, observing the... interesting animals walking about. Lizzie returned after a few minutes, with plenty of medicine. "Oh wow, thank you so much!" Jimmy said excitedly, putting the medicine in his bag. "For your trouble, heres a couple diamonds." Jimmy said, handing her a few shiny diamonds. "Oh no, it's for Scott, It's fine." Lizzie backed away. "Take it, please." Jimmy shoved the diamonds in her hands. "Thank you so much Lizzie! Talk to you later!" And he started walking back home.

Back at Jimmy's home, Joel was getting himself some juice from Jimmy's fridge, when he looked at Scott. "So, how long have you liked Jimmy?" He asked, taking a sip from his glass. Scott nearly choked on his water. "W-what? I'm not in love with Jimmy..!" Joel laughed. "I'm not blind, Scott, I saw the way you looked at him as he left, you're totally smitten." Scott felt his face go redder than fwhips hair, and knew deep down Joel was right. "See? You're so red." "Okay! Okay, i get it. I might like Jimmy a little..." Joel slammed his glass on the table, smiling. "I knew it!" Scott covered his face. "I hate you." He muttered through his hands. "No, you don't. I can help you, i mean, I'm married." "Yeah, to a woman, not a man. Its pretty different." "How so?" "Men are clueless!!" "You sound just like Lizze." "I know, she's smart." Their back and forth was interrupted by the door opening. "Hey guys! I'm back!" Jimmy said, walking into the room. Joel smirked at Scott. "Well, bye you two, see you later!" He winked at Scott and left. 

A/N: this is my first fan fiction ever, hope you enjoy. 

Words: 998

Time spent: around 1 hour and a half.