Childhood (II)

"Hey! Look at the size of that!" Leecy pointed out a rather-big alligator, both Luffy and Leecy could easily fit into the animal stomatch and still have room for one more.

They had been wandering around the forest for a good time by now. While they had explored the one that surrounded Foosha Village, it certainly couldn't compare to the one they are currently in. Leecy had seen a lot of things she couldn't put a name on! But she had to keep her excitement for another day, as a pinkish orange was painting the former blue sky.

She could swear the trees were getting bigger, and so were the shadows.

"Luffy?" At not hearing her twin's response, she turned and saw a discarded tree branch which Luffy had been poking at an anthill moments before.

"Luffy?"Leecy repeated. "You didn't told me we were playing hide-and-seek! Not fair!" She looked around, hoping to see even the smallest glimpse of her brother. Expecting to see him getting out from behind a tree with a sheepish look adorning his face. Apologizing to Leecy for freaking her out. For leaving her alone on a dark, gloomy, bone-chilling forest on her own.

'Im not scared' Leecy thought. 'Yeah! Im not scared! Im just nervous because Luffy disappeared' Her attempt of gaslighting herself failed horribly at that thought. Luffy disappeared. Luffy left her side. Luffy abandoned her on a creepy, unexplored forest that was getting darker and darker as the sun set and the moon rised.

Leecy shaked her head 'No! He wouldn't leave! Something must have happened to him! Maybe the big gorilla from before kidnapped Luffy. I told him that staring at people was rude! But the gorilla isn't a person, its an animal. Is it still rude? I mean zoos exist for a reason. Then why-'

Her now long forgotten dread at her twin disapperance was replaced by amusement. She picked up the tree branch, and wandered on her own. Wondering if the big gorilla was up for an interview.

He didn't mean to walk away from his sister's side, but he couldn't help it! He saw Ace walking along a path at the distance

He didn't mean to walk away from his sister's side, but he couldn't help it! He saw Ace walking along a path at the distance. Even if Luffy wasn't actively trying to befriend Ace, it would still be nice if they could get on his good side. He remebered how Ace would look at his direction during dinner. He couldnt help but shiver every time their gazes crossed.

Luffy tried to draw the attention of Leecy, but the more time he wasted, the more Ace walked away. Therefore he followed him. He promised himself that he would go back for Leecy. She was strong on her own. She was his sister after all!

"Hey!" Luffy called. "I'm not mad at you for spiting on my face, I forgive you!"

Ace ignored Luffy and continued walking, placing a large pipe on his shoulders. Luffy didn't know where he got it from.

"Name's Luffy! What's yours?" He continued. He wasn't going to give up! Even if he wasn't getting a response.

Then, Ace stopped dead on his tracks, turned to look at Luffy and proceeded to kick a tree. Said tree fell and rolled down at Luffy's way.