Chapter 2

Next morning:-

Nandini's sleep broke as she heard constant knock at the door.

"Manik, Nandini", Nyonika called.

Nandini got up and cursed herself seeing the time, while Manik whinned and slept again covering his ears with pillows.

She quickly composed herself and opened the door.

"Sorry I.."

"Sorry kyu, I know you must be tired after yesterday, I just came to say that aaj tumhari pehli rasoi hai, so freshen up and come down, uske baad you can rest", she said caressing her cheek and Nandini smiled in response..

"His mom is so good and he a Monster, Monster Manik, wow it even suits him", she said glaring his sleeping figure..

She freshened up and went downstairs, she took blessings of her in laws and proceeded to the kitchen for the ritual..

"Manik nahi utha Nandini", Nyonika asked..

"Nahi, he is still sleeping", she replied..

"Pata nahi ye ladka kab bada hoga, usse ja kar utha do", she said casually but Nandini's eyes widened..

"Mai?", She asked in shock..

"Ha, kya hua koi dikkat hai kya?", Nyonika enquired..

"Nahi, aa..aisi koi baat nahi hai", she said composing herself trying to act normal..

"Nandini, Manik is behaving fine with you right", she asked hesitantly to which Nandini had no words..

"Nandini, he might be a little rude with you because usko shaadi nahi karni thi but trust me he's not bad, give him time, give this marriage some time, things will be alright", she said and Nandini found contrast between her words and his actual behaviour, he didn't seem good to her from any angle..

"Agar usse shaadi nahi karni thi to aap logo ne zabardasti kyu ki?", She knew it was rude but then it was important for her to knew, she was involved in it for life..

"Nandini, he's 28 don't you think he should be mature and realise his responsibilities now, we are sick of him Nandini, he going away from us with every passing day, he drinks, smokes and what not, we tried to make him understand calmly, we tried to be strict, but he was too away from us already to understand anything", she explained and Nandini listened calmly trying to grasp her words..

"He was very different Nandini, he was close to me, to us but then he started drifting away from us, I don't why but only you can change him and get him back to us, you are perfect Nandini, perfect for him, you can make this marriage work", she said holding her hands..

"Aunty aap, why are you crying, you don't worry I'll try my best to fix everything", she asked trying to console her..

"I miss my son Nandini, it's been months since he hugged me", she said wiping her tears..

"Aunty, marriage is a big thing for me, agar apne nahi bola hota still I would've tried everything to make it work", she said..

"I already knew isiliye to tujhse shaadi karvai", she said and Nandini smiled..

"Aur ye Aunty kya, tumhari ma hui na main, call me that", she said and Nandini nodded..

"Ok maa I'll go and wake up Manik", she said leaving the place..

Colours drained out of her face as she reached the room, she said all those assuring words but how was she gonna do all that.
How was she gonna wake him at first, she saw him lying on his stomach, shirtless, his face hidden his pillows..