Chapter 155 : Urgent Meeting

After collecting himself, Klein went down to the basement and walked to Chanis Gate. He knocked on the door to the guard room.

Inside, Royale Reideen had already packed her personal belongings. She immediately smoothed her hair and stood up when she saw the person taking over her shift.

After greeting each other with a nod, Klein suddenly said, “I’ve had some success with grasping my potion and have shared my experiences with Frye and the rest. You can ask them about it.”

Royale, who typically didn’t have much of an expression, looked at Klein with a little shock. Her lips quivered a little as she said, “Alright.”

Madam, let’s hope that you can still maintain your calm composure in a while... There are already a bunch of dazed people sitting in the recreation room right now.Klein laughed and made his way behind the table, expertly taking out the tin can which Dunn Smith used to store his Fermo coffee.

After making himself a cup of aromatic coffee, Klein sat down and relaxed. He looked out at the lonely hallway and allowed his thoughts to roam free.

Let’s hope that Mr. Azik’s mission is successful and that he doesn’t leave behind any clues. Well, even if there are clues, I can just pretend to not notice them.

I wonder where the Mutated Sun Sacred Emblem is sealed behind Chanis Gate? Since it doesn’t possess any living qualities, it only needs a little space...

Come to think of it, I haven’t been inside Chanis Gate. I’m not sure what it looks like inside... To be able to keep the weird Sealed Artifacts of varying sizes safe and maintain surveillance, it must be quite special indeed. For example, the ashes of Saint Selena?

...

Many thoughts streaked past Klein’s head when he suddenly heard urgent footsteps. He focused and shot a look towards the door.

He saw Old Neil, wearing his classic black robe, appear in the corridor with a black carpet in his hands. He made his way into the guard room and said nothing, but instead observed Klein thoroughly.

“Mr. Neil, did something happen?” Klein let out a dry chuckle and took a sip of his fragrant coffee.

Old Neil sized him up and sighed.

“To think that you would find inspiration from the maxim of the Mystery Pryers and Daly...”

“I have to praise the Goddess. I also have to thank you for your teachings.” Klein gave a reply in all seriousness.

Old Neil pulled back a chair and sat down. He said, a little depressed, “How good would it be if it was twenty years ago...”

Klein maintained his silence, for he knew that Old Neil wasn’t allowed to consume any more potions because of his age and health, even if he had completely digested the one he had right now.

Under such circumstances, anything he said would’ve agitated him.

“My earliest thoughts was to quickly gain control of my potion from the maxim of the Mystery Pryer, but regrettably, I wasn’t embarking in the right direction. Daly’s success did give me some clues, but I was already more than 50 years old back then, and had already given up on my efforts. I subconsciously thought that her success was a result of her genius, and that an average person wouldn’t be able to emulate her achievements.” Old Neil rubbed his temples as he described his disappointment.

He was silent for a few minutes before he lifted his head. He looked at Klein.

“It sure is regrettable that only now do I understand what I’ve missed out on at this age.”