Chapter 158 : preparedness Averts Peril

How enviable it is for Miss Justice to always maintain a cheerful mood. I wish I could be like that... Listening to her lively greetings, Klein couldn’t help but sigh wistfully.

He then recalled the time when she had taken out a thousand pounds so easily, and he realized that it would be very difficult if he wanted to maintain his cheerful emotions like Miss Justice.

The Sun, Derrick Berg, was a young man that cared a lot about his reputation. He immediately replied, “I have obtained the Telepathist formula.”

For the past week, he had been settling the inheritance that his parents had left him. Besides the property, furniture, and a few sentimental items, the rest of the valuable items were brought to the black market in the City of Silver in exchange for the Telepathist formula and the Bard potion’s ingredients. His meals were now rationed.

However, he believed that the situation wouldn’t be for long. When he passes the combat examination, he would then join the team that cleansed the Things of the Dark in the outskirts of the city and be paid a decent amount.

When I become stronger, I’ll apply to become a member of the elite squad, to explore the depths of the dark and find a way to remove the curse... Derrick thought with hope as he looked towards The Fool who was engulfed in the fog.

He noticed that last time, after Miss Justice made a request to Mr. Fool, she was able to produce a page of the unknown Roselle diary out of thin air!

Although Derrick didn’t quite understand what had happened, he felt that it’d be better if he watched Mr. Fool.

“First, recall the formula in your head. Then, grab the pen by your side and instill it with the strong desire to express your thoughts.” Klein casually leaned back in his high chair.

As The Sun was from the City of Silver, which might be the Forsaken Land of the Gods, the pen that instantiated before him wasn’t a fountain pen, but a quill instead.

Of course, there still wasn’t any ink.

Derrick didn’t dare to doubt what The Fool said, so he immediately grabbed the quill that suddenly appeared by his hand.

He followed The Fool’s instruction, and as expected, he saw the Telepathist potion formula appear on the brown goatskin parchment before him within seconds.

After looking through it twice, Derrick silently pushed the promised item towards Miss Justice.

Audrey was overjoyed and eager, but she took the parchment gracefully. She glanced at the page, and the words that Klein had translated came into sight.

“Main ingredients: Phantom Netherdrake’s complete pituitary gland, 10 ml of Half Specter Rabbit.

“Supplementary ingredients...”

Main ingredients that I’ve never heard of... Hmm, I don’t know enough. Audrey, who had been trying to learn more about the different types and names of Beyonder ingredients from Fors and Xio, seemed to fret in thought.

During such moments, she would completely forget how a Spectator should behave.

Suddenly, Audrey heard a light rapping sound. She quickly looked towards the seat of honor at the long bronze table subconsciously.

She was surprised to see Mr. Fool rapping at the edge of the table with his right index finger while he gestured to her with a nod.

What’s going on? Audrey was confused as her eyes wore a vacant look.

Just when she was about to ask, the corner of her eyes suddenly saw some changes on the Telepathist formula. There were remarks next to some of the ingredients: