💌, 🩹 | I needed them (PART 2) | 🧡

WARNINGS: THIS WILL CONTAIN: VIOLENCE, DEATH

(Y/n's POV)

It had been quite a while since I last saw Pico. While I was in the hospital, he still came to see me, though, he always made it short because he had to 'take care of some business' and after a while just stopped showing up all together. I wonder where he is now? I can't stop thinking about everything that had happened. I don't know why they left like that. I truly needed them, I was a good friend for them, but none of that even seems to matter now.
Now that I was finally out of the hospital I had to continue to go to work. I decided I'd get something to eat and possibly some coffee before I go to work, so I walk down the street. I had an odd feeling, like something was off. I wasn't sure why I felt this way, but shrugging it off I simply continue to walk down the street. I started hearing something from an alleyway. It sounded like bloodcurdling screams and laughter. Oh no, that can't be good..

I quickly run to the source of the noise, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Pico was beating him up. The man who got me in the hospital. As much as I hated the fact this guy did that to me and how messed up he was, this hurt to see. Pico was kicking him in the face, stomach, just beating him up. He wasn't showing any mercy.
"THIS LOOK FAMILIAR??" Pico maniacally laughs.

I couldn't watch this anymore. As much as I hated the guy who made me suffer, I wasn't like him, I didn't get satisfaction out of others pain and suffering, even if they had done something wrong to me.

"Pico??" With that he stops, he immediately turns around, looking at me. We made eye contact for a couple of seconds.
"Pico.. Please, listen," Pico turned his attention to the man who attacked me, slowly putting the gun to the man's head.

This caught me off guard, I didn't expect that. I can't let this happen, "Pico, please, listen!"
Pico didn't seem to be listening but he didn't even shoot, he just started hitting the man's head full force with his gun.

"PICO, LISTEN TO ME," I'm now in tears, shaking. "This isn't how this needs to go down, please, spare him!!"
Pico scoffs, "After what he did to you? I don't think so. Besides, if I let him go, he will go around telling everyone about this, is that really what you want, Y/n?" I stare into his eyes, his dead, empty, cold eyes. "Pico," I began, "I...." I was speechless, he was right. He couldn't let him go now. What should I do?? I don't want him to kill the guy.. But, what can I do now? My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a ear piercing gun shot. I flinch, covering my ears. I open my eyes to see.. He did it.

He actually killed him. I looked at him, he just stares at the mans lifeless body.
There was a long silence, I couldn't believe this happened.
After what felt like an eternity, I speak up, "Pico, please-" Pico interrupts, "Y/n. You need to stop letting people walk all over you. This man put you IN THE DAMN HOSPITAL. FOR NO REASON AT ALL, and you.. You wanted to spare his life?" I flinch at the raising of his voice, I was shaking uncontrollably and was fighting back tears. "... Pico, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to- I just..." Pico sighs, he slowly approaches me, I can't help but back away in fear. He wouldn't hurt me, I know that, it's just this is all too much to take in all at once. I back into a wall, he grabs my wrists, pinning me to the wall, he stares at me with his lifeless eyes. His sweater was bloody, what he had done wasn't right, but he had good intentions, he just wants to protect me. I stare into his eyes, "Pico..?"
He stares at me for a moment until he finally speaks up, "I'm so sorry, Y/n. I'll never let anyone hurt you like that again. I'll protect you, I promise."
"...Pico, I..." I had no words. This all happened so fast. "You should probably get out of here," he says, letting go of me.
I simply nod, walking away without another word.

.
.

Work was miserable. I couldn't stop thinking about everything. I called out tomorrow to give myself at least a little time to recover and to see Pico. Pico needs me and, as odd as it is, I need him as well. Ah, what the hell. Who am I kidding? He kills for a living, I'm pretty sure he's okay. It's just I feel we need to see each other again.