The Girl With the Tattoo

𝘬𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘪'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

With clammy hands, I tugged at the bottom of the short, tight dress that I was forced into. The aggressive vibrations from the music shook my body, and I instantly lowered the volume of my hearing aids with a grimace.

This wasn't my scenery.

Not one bit.

I hated parties- well high school parties to be exact. Nothing good ever came out of them; fights break out after some guy catches his "loyal" girlfriend banging her ex, cops are called by noisy neighbors after they realize that the host of the party is the troubled son rather than his parents, getting absolutely wasted resulted in an annoying hangover the next day, and so on and so forth.

Once again, not my scenery.

The only reason why I happened to attend Drew Murphy's back to school party was because my sister insisted I came with her.

In her words, I 'needed to get my head out of that trashy book and actually do something fun.' Obviously we had different ideas of fun. Faye was the complete opposite of me. Besides our obvious physical appearance differences, you would think we hated one another because of how unalike we were. While my younger sister enjoyed partying every weekend, skipping class to get high, and making out with grimy teenage boys who couldn't keep their dicks in their pants. I, on the other hand, liked to read while snuggled underneath my blankets, cuddle with my stuffed animals, and binge-watch "FRIENDS" on weekends.

Complete opposites.

"Kailani."

I looked up to make contact with Faye, blinking my eyes curiously, "What?"

"I'm getting a drink. You want one?" She offered.

I shook my head immediately, "Hell no."

I wasn't a fan of alcohol.

"Suit yourself."

Her lips spread into a wide smirk as she flipped her hair over her shoulders and sashayed off towards to what I could only assume was the kitchen, the black, sparkly dress that was glued to her body reflecting the LEDS from above.

I stood left behind in disbelief.

No. Fucking. Way.

I threw a mini tantrum before reaching behind my ears to remove my hearing aids as I began searching for a nearby bathroom. As much as I hated being here, I wasn't going to leave my little sister here alone with no way home. Though, I bet she'd have no problem hitching a ride with one of her hookups.

Rolling my eyes at my own thoughts, I climbed the stairs of the two story mansion in hopes of finding a bathroom where no-one was being sucked off in the bathtub.

The first two rooms that I had encountered were locked, which meant that a couple was having sex in one, a group of stoners were hotboxing another, or Drew simply locked them both to prevent damage being done to them.

The next room I stumbled upon was exactly what I was looking for.

Nobody was occupying the simply decorated bathing room, so I shut the tall door behind me and locked it.

I stared in the mirror after letting out a deep breath.

My curls were moisturized and tucked behind my ears to flow down my back. Faye knew better than to try to straighten my healthy hair. She had stuffed my tits into one of her party dresses before attempting to do my makeup. I hated loads of makeup, which is why most of the products on my face belonged to her. We were nowhere near the same shade, so she checked foundation and concealer off of her 'make Kailani unrecognizable' list.