Chapter I : The Past

During the Heian Era there were a village that thrived peacefully as it was deeply secluded between large mountains and endless forests.

Yet the village is filled with cruel and dark people as it was a safe haven for criminals to live under and hide from the government and not even rumours could fly.

And what's even worse in this village is that children are enslaved by being bought depending upon their looks and some were often used for pleasure.

But that would all soon change when two mysterious couple came to the village to find the strong lingering scent.

3rd POV

Inside an inn in the village a h/c haired girl with disheveled hair and ragged clothes weakly scrubbed the floor with whatever strength she had left as the owner greeted the guests and led them to their rooms.

Then a couple came as the man had straight black hair reaching below his shoulder with violet eyes wearing a white yukata and a woman with white hair and swirly purple eyes wearing a violet wisteria patterned kimono.

As the two entered the lobby the man noticed the girl weakly and repeatedly scrubbing the floors with her tired and frail body.

"Amane,can you ask the homeowner to find us a room?

I'll try to see if I can have a little talk with this girl."

The man asked as his wife Amane nodded and went to find the homeowner while Kagaya silently watched the girl tense up in his presence.

Then the black haired man walked in front of the girl and crouched down to meet her eye level.

"Calm down,little one.

I just wanted to talk."

The man soothed as the girl calmed down and raised her head revealing her e/c eyes filled with emptiness.

"What's your name?

I'm Kagaya Ubuyashiki."

Kagaya greeted with a gentle smile patiently watching the girl hesitate as meek and sore grunts came out from the girl's mouth trying to answer the man's question.

"Y-Y/N...L/N."

The girl stuttered as she flinched when she heard the voice of the homeowner and continued scrubbing the floor again while Kagaya stood and glanced at the homeowner talking to Amane.

"You must be Mr. Kagaya,don't worry sir,I'll have you placed on the best room we've had."

The man greeted with a warm smile while Kagaya had a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"This girl,I was wondering if I could ask about her on the way."

Kagaya asked approaching his wife as the man nodded and led them to their rooms while the black haired man took one last glance at the girl before following the homeowner.

"That girl is only five years old when I bought her from the auction and I even managed to get her on a cheapest price since I needed a cleaner for the inn.