Chapter XLII : Lower 7 & Lower 8

3rd POV

As Tengen gave a slow chiling clap that echoed throughout the hollow cave with the two demon ninjas standing beside him he remained hidden in the shadows while Y/N and Makomo stod on their guard in high alert.

"Isn't this flashy?Its been so long since the last slayer we killed entered our food stock,and it seemed like we have a Hashira with us."

Tengen remarked stepping out of the shadows as his fuschia red eyes showed the eighth kanji while Makomo grunted in surprise.

"Upper Eleven...but how did you know that Y/N's a Hashira?"

The black haired girl asked not taking her eyes off of the three while Y/N gripped her sword with a cold demeanor and a narrow gaze as she observed the scene like a predator waiting to pounce on its prey.

"Its quite easy to spot the difference between the low ranked slayer and a Hashira,see those buttons in your uniforms?

Only the high ranking Hashiras can have those gold buttons on their uniforms while an ordinary slayer have those white ones.

So spotting a Hashira isn't that hard for us Uppermoons,especially when our objectives are to weaken the Corps by taking out their Hashiras and their swordsmiths."

The muscular man replied with a confident grin and crossed arms while Y/N exhaled as she took a stance preparing to behead the Uppermoon in front of her.

"Total Concentration Breathing.

Combined Breathing : Hell Breathing Tenth Form Flame Dragon of Hell ; Sun Breathing Sixth Form Solar Heat Haze."

The h/c haired Hashira muttered as she lunged at the tall demon in a blinding speed with the black flame appearing to be a speeding dragon while the sun - coloured flames made it bigger allowing Y/N to gain even more momentum.

Then as she reached the white haired man she quickly tried to land her blade on his neck only to swing in thin air while her footing tripped on a rock ruining her entire adrenaline rush.

"Quite flashy indeed,but you can't beat the God of Festivals who used to be a ninja in the past so don't think you'll easily get my head just like that.

And I don't think you're the only one here since I've been noticing that boy who'd watch me leave the house so that means he's already searching for that girl who became an oiran in just four days,also I'll leave you to my wives since you're barely handling them than me."

Tengen replied as he appeared standing on the thin threads in the air before disappearing in a flicker while Y/N gritted her teeth with an annoyed growl and glanced at the two demon ninjas.

"Makomo,let's try mixing our breathing styles together to take them down.

Something tells me that Gyutaro and Ume wouldn't stand a chance against that guy."

Y/N ordered with her grip around the sword tightening in death grip while the girl nodded.

Y/N POV

Seems like Tengen had other plans that he decided to keep us here.

So while Makio and Suma prepared to fight us head on both Makomo and I steadied our breathings as this stand off between us are now a complete death battle that only one of us will survive.

"Total Concentration Breathing.
Total Concentration Breathing.

Water Breathing : Third Form : Flowing Dance,Shadows of Dawn.
Combined Breathing : Hell Breathing Fifth Form Lion Beneath Hell ; Sun Breathing Improved Form Scorching Rush."