Chapter Ten

March 1998

"I need advice," Robin sighed, frowning at her cards.

They were at Carrie's playing poker. They'd talked about a variety of topics already, and she couldn't hold her question back any longer.

"On how to play poker? Yes, honey, you do," Samantha teased.

Robin grimaced in agreement. "I think that's a lost cause. No, I need sex advice."

"About?" Carrie prompted.

"A few nights ago, Napoleon invited me over to his apartment again. He ate me out. And then I spent the night," she explained matter-of-factly.

She listened to all of them exclaim loudly in response, then shrugged and set her cards aside. "I give up. This game makes no sense to me."

"So what's the problem?" Miranda asked after they'd all calmed down. "I don't see how any of that's a problem, but clearly there's a problem."

"I'm not sure there is," Robin admitted, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms over her chest. "But something's been bothering me about us together, even before that happened. I just can't figure out what it is. And I have other questions too."

"Like why he didn't ask you to do anything for Valentine's Day?" Charlotte wondered. "That's a big romantic holiday, and he just skipped it without saying anything."

Robin brushed that off quickly. "I'd say both of us more artfully avoided it than anything else. It's a bit early to be observing milestones like that. Technically, I don't even know if we're dating, though we have been out on dates, if that makes sense."

"Are you afraid that you let him do that too soon?" Charlotte followed up.

"We never finished that conversation, did we?" Robin remembered. "No, Charlotte, I'm not worried about that, because I don't think that's actually a thing. If a man likes you, he's going to call you again. If all he ever wanted was sex, stringing him along isn't going to change the fact that he'll disappear eventually."

"That's just not true," Charlotte replied primly.

"Was it bad?" Samantha redirected them. "I mean, he is a very handsome man, but sometimes that means they don't try very hard."

"It was incredible," Robin confessed. "And I don't even like being eaten out, usually, but I loved it with him. He was down there for an hour."

"An hour?" Carrie repeated. "Hot damn, woman. Get some."

"So he made you come?" Miranda chimed in.

"So many times that I lost count. It was definitely double digits."

"Oh, sweetie, that is amazing!" Samantha gushed. "So, like Miranda said, I don't see the problem."

"Well." Robin bit her lip. "Have any of you ever had a guy go down on you and not ask for the same in return?"

"Oh, you mean he went down on you, but then skipped straight to sex without you going down on him?" Samantha realized.

"She didn't say they had sex," Carrie reminded her.

"We didn't," Robin confirmed. "He just ate me out. That was it. He ate me out, and he was hard as a rock, and I offered to do something for him multiple times, but he said no."

"Did he say why?" Miranda started.

"He said he wanted to take it slow and that the night was about me."

"What did you do right after?" Miranda continued.

"He gave me his shirt to sleep in, then we kissed until we fell asleep."