~CHAPTER 21~

Braxton

I got there around 8:52 a.m. They weren't here yet. So, I got the table for the three of us. Around 8:55 Shay comes in and sits down and about two minutes later Brock comes into the dinner and walks up to the table, looks at us both and sits down.

BW: Good morning, guys, you want coffee or anything?

S: Coffee sounds good.

B: I would use coffee.

(I waved over the server) server: Can I start you guys off with something to drink?

S: Yes, we will have 3 large coffees and bring sugar and creamer just in case as well.

Server: Ok, no problem. Did you know what you wanted to order?

BW: Just give us your today's special.

Server: ok, I will get the food order out in and be right out with your coffees.

S: Do you even know what the special is?

BW: Yes, Eggs Benedict with a side of fruit and a piece of French toast with strawberries on top.

B: Cool.

S: Sounds good.

BW: I know right.

B: What did you want to know about Braxton? Just ask me already. I know you want to kill me. So why do this?

S: I am curious about what is going on myself.

BW: Well, Nova told me what happened when she they took her, and when she was in the care of brocks. She also remembers who really wanted to kill her.

S: What are you talking about?

B: It wasn't me Uncle, I lied to protect my mate. I knew if I did. (He stopped as the server approached.)

Server: Your coffees gentleman.

BW: Thank you, the server is gone. Please continue.

B: You would help get her back to Braxton. I didn't know she was a mated wolf. All Christi said was that there was a trouble wolf who needed a place to stay. I didn't know I was helping with a kidnapping that day. I was on my way back from dropping someone off at the airport when Christ called asking for help, saying that she was in trouble. When I arrived, the three of them got into my car. At first, she seemed ok.

BW: What do you mean.

S: Brock, can you explain, please?

B: Her eyes were really glossy, and her speech was off. She stuttered. She kept saying the name Brax, so I assumed it was her mate.

BW: She was giving way too much wolfsbane.

B: Yes, Doctor Zara, my sister, did some tests and found out that they gave her a lethal dose that could have killed her wolf. But she flushed out her wolf when Christi left. I pray to God that we did it in time.

BW: You did. I sense Zoe is still there.

Server: Here is your Meals Gentleman. Hope you enjoy.

S: Thank you.

BW: Thank you for being honest.

S: It means a lot that you are.