~CHAPTER 26~

NOVA- *FLASHBACK*

Nova was still in the cabin, trying to take in easy and relax. She hasn't been feeling too well. Nova, I know what's wrong; you are having a pup. Zoe, you're crazy. Brax and I only mated once, so I can't be pregnant. This has been going on for about two weeks now, and she made an appointment with the pack doctor. After leaving the pack doctor, she has an ultrasound picture and blood and urine test results that show that she is indeed pregnant. Zoe, you're right. How do I tell Braxton? Just come out and tell him Nova. He will be happy about it; I am sure of it. So, Nova heads over to Braxton's office at the pack house because he is working from there today. She went into Braxton and saw him sitting at his desk with his eyes closed. He opened them when he heard the door open.

"Hey sweetie, what brings you into the office today?" He asked, and he could tell that something was bothering her. She took a deep breath.

"I need to tell you something. It's important. So, please listen to me." I said.

"I always listen to you, babe. What's going on your worrying me. Are you sick? Is something wrong? What's going on, babe?" He asked. She handed him a box.

"Open it please, Braxton. Remember that I love you and I am sorry if this is not what you want." I said, and I walked out of his office.

He looked at the box. He was confused. Like, what the hell just happened? He opened the box and saw the top paper with both urine and blood test results for pregnancy, and they were positive. Then there was an ultrasound picture of their baby. Nova was pregnant; 12 weeks pregnant. She had been training all this time and didn't know she was pregnant. He ran out of his office after her. He followed her scent and found her at the lake.

"Nova Sky Daniels, you're pregnant? Please tell me it's true and make me the happiest man in the world. Because with your training, it could be dangerous." Braxton said.

"As of right now, yes, but my blood pressure is really high and with all my stomach cramps. They can't guarantee that the baby will make it. I am so sorry, Braxton. I am a horrible mate and future mother." I said.

"No, you are not my love. I love you," Braxton said.

Two weeks, she enjoyed her pregnancy before Braxton woke up to his mate sweating and with a high fever. So, he rushed her to the pack hospital. Not knowing what was wrong with her.

"Nova, what seems to be the problem today?" Dr. Elijah asked.

"I don't know, but I feel like I am on fire, but I am freezing." I said.

"Ok, let run some test." Dr. Elijah said.

"Ok, but I think I know what's going on. I'm losing the babies." I said.

"Well, look and see what we find out from the test." He said. She nodded and got to work on the tests. He had blood work, urine test done, and an ultrasound done. During the ultrasound, he didn't hear the heartbeats or see the babies. But that's when he saw the blood on the bed. Nova had miscarried the babies. Her blood and urine test showed that, too.

"Nova, I am afraid you were right. You not only lost one, but both of your babies. I am so sorry. Would you like me to tell Braxton?" He said. I cried.

"Yes!" I said, as if that was all I could say at that very moment. Dr. Elijah walked out of the room and to the waiting room where Braxton was sitting.

"Braxton, the pups are gone. She was in full miscarriage when she arrived. I am so sorry." Dr. Elijah said.

"Thank you, Dr. Elijah. Can I see her?" Braxton asked.

"Of course you can. She is in room 4." Dr. Elijah said.