Matthew Casey

You had just dumped Jimmy Borrelli, your now ex boyfriend. (Before he was a firefighter at 51) You felt bad because you had lost feelings for him. You dumped him because you started to grow more feelings towards another man. That man was Matthew Casey.

While you and Jimmy were dating you had decided to become a paramedic and he decided he was going to be a firefighter.

The reason you came to Firehouse 51 was because your dad was a firefighter who worked there. Your father is none other than Christopher Herrmann. There was another person at 51 that convinced you to work there, Kelly Severide. He was your best friend ever since the two of you had met in your favorite coffee shop after you had lost your job at the local diner and decided to become a paramedic. You had told Kelly that you hadn't really liked your firehouse and were looking for one to work at. Since there was a spot open because Shay died, he told Chief Boden that he found a good person to take that spot.

Almost 1 month after you had joined 51 Gabby moved to work on truck so you had to get another paramedic to work with you. That person was Sylvie Brett. Sylvie was the one who had helped you realize your feelings for him. She saw how you would look at him rather it be while talking to him or just seeing him around 51. She was also the one who told you about Casey's feelings. You must have been oblivious to it as your feeling for Matt had been oblivious to him. The whole firehouse knew about these feelings except the two of you.

After you broke up with Jimmy, you ran back to your apartment that you just so happen to share with Matt. When you got into your apartment you saw that Matt was sitting on the couch watching tv. (He was probably contemplating his life choices though) When you had made it into your apartment you ran to your bedroom. Matt turned the tv off and he could hear you fall onto your bed and start crying. He gave you a minute to be by yourself before he got up off the couch and walked into your room. He wanted to respect you and your privacy so before he entered he knocked on your door.

"(Name)can I come in?" he said. You let out a shaky "y-y-yes". Of course you were going to let Matt in, he was one of your best friends, but you also loved him. He opened the door and the sight of you crying and having a mental breakdown, made his heart shatter. He quickly rushed over to where you were laying on the bed.

"(Name), what happened" Matt said. "I-I b-broke u-up w-w-with J-Jimmy a-and I-I f-feel b-b-bad a-about i-it." "Do you want to talk about it" He asked. You decided you would tell him, not only about what had happened, but how you feel about him. "I-I b-broke u-up w-with him b-because I realized I-I h-have feelings for y-y-you n-not h-him." Matt couldn't stop the smile from appearing on his face. "Really" he said. "Really. But it's okay if you don't fe-" You were cut off by Matt smashing his lips onto yours. "Oh-h" you said still flustered from the events that happened before. "Was it not obvious I have feelings for you. Everyone knew except you I guess." "Haha I guess so. I thought it was very obvious I liked you." "Not to me. Would you like to be my girlfriend." Of course you were going to say yes so you did.