Chapter 8 : Kim Namjoon

The room was very quiet, only the sound of life support equipment beeping regularly.

Taehyung sat there, beside Hoseok's bed, looking at Hoseok who was lying peacefully. In two hours Hoseok's kidney surgery will be carried out.

You have to be strong, okay? For me you have to endure, you have to survive, for me Jung Hoseok...

Taehyung repeated those words over and over again like a prayer that would never stop.

Hoseok looked thinner, and paler, and so still, but Taehyung believed there was still a life force hidden in Hoseok's body. Taehyung believed it. Taehyung believed in Hoseok, all his hopes still rested on that trust.

The probability of the surgery being successful was 40:60, and Taehyung was hanging on to that 40%. He believes Hoseok is a strong man, the proof is that he has managed to survive this far.

Nurse Lee came into the room, and touched Taehyung's shoulder.

"Taehyung his condition is stable, I'm sure he will make it through this all."

"Yes nurse, Hoseok must be strong."

Nurse Lee checked Hoseok's pulse then looked at Taehyung as if she remembered something.

"How did you say goodbye to Jeon Jungkook?"

Taehyung blushed.

"I said that I've to accompany a friend who is about to give birth," he muttered under his breath, feeling guilty because he wasn't used to lying.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

Today is Sunday, Jungkook happens to be planning to spend all day with Taehyung. But with fake excuses and stammering lies, Taehyung managed to make Jungkook let him go.

Although Jungkook's forehead looked wrinkled suspiciously when Taehyung said goodbye this morning.

"Then why don't you want me to accompany you?" asked Jungkook earlier this morning when Taehyung rejected his offer.

"Because this friend of mine knows you as my boss, and he can find out about everything." Taehyung answered quickly.

The man frowned again, dissatisfied.

"Is he one of my employees?"

"No!"

Taehyung immediately interrupted loudly, because after getting to know Jungkook closer, Taehyung knew, if he answered 'yes', then Jungkook would definitely order one of his personnel staff to check if any of his employees were giving birth, and he would find out that Taehyung was lying.

"He's not your employee, but he knows a lot of office friends and he knows about you, so if he sees you he can ask the others...."

"Okay, then which hospital?"

Taehyung was at a loss for words, trying to find an answer.

"Eh...I don't know which hospital."

Jungkook quickly stepped in front of Taehyung who tried to avoid his gaze.

"You said you would accompany your friend to the hospital, how could you not know where the hospital is?"

"I...I..." Taehyung swallowed nervously, "I'll be waiting at the old boarding house, her husband will pick me up later." Thankfully for the answer that flashed quickly in his brain. He rarely lies, and isn't good at lying, while Jungkook looks like a detective who suspects a criminal act was being committed behind him.

"Her husband?"

That answer seemed to make Jungkook unhappy because his facial expression darkened even more.