Chapter 2.1

pov Kat

"Ready?" Arthur says with a smile

"Would it make a difference if I said no?" Merlin asks him. I sit down on a bench polishing Arthurs's armor. While Merlin helps Arthur train, At least he is trying.

"Not really." Arthur says. Merlin draws his sword. Arthur attacks.

"Body. Shield. Body. Shield" Arthur says as he attacks Merlin.

"Shield," Merlin says

"Head."

"Head? Ow."

"Come on, Merlin. You're not even trying." I say

"Well, then why don't you do it in my place?" Merlin says and puts the shield down.

"Because Katerina is a woman." Arthur says. I look at him in disbelief.

"Kat would beat you." Merlin says

"Yha I would, Men are slow and don't know how to think straight when it comes to fighting." I say softly but just loud enough so Arthur would hear me.

"You sure?" Arthur asks. He knots "Oke come on Katerina." I get up and pick up the sword.

"No shield?" Arthur asks

"No need." I say

"Oke come on."

"You should know I have been training for as long as I can remember."

"So have I."

Arthur attacks first I block his attack and turn his sword up, I watch Arthur's face as his sword flies away. Arthur runs to me but I step out of the way and now face Arthur's back. I raise my sword and poke Arthur in the back.

"Where did you learn that?"

"Grand master Talan." I say

"Master of Wars?"

"Yup."

"Well, then why can't Merlin fight like that."

"Because he never learned what I learned."

"Come on Merlin your turn again." Arthur says, I give the sword to Merlin and pick up Arthur's sword to bring it to Gwen.

"Oh no." Merlin says

"To the left. To the right. And left. Head."

"Ow"

"Come on, Merlin! I've got a tournament to win."

"Can we stop now?"

"Shield"

"Shield. Ah." Arthur hits him in the head.

"ow" Merlin topples over backwards and his helmet rolls off.

"You're braver than you look. Most servants collapse after the first blow."

"Is it over?"

"That was just the warm up. How's your mace work coming along?"

 How's your mace work coming along?"