Chapter 7// Grace

I feel like a bitch! And probably a little bit sad too. I feel like a bitch because I'm jealous that Jack is here with another woman, even though I have no right to feel that way about him. I was the woman who told him to back off, I was the one who hurt him by walking away, like he meant nothing to me. I'm the wronged one here, I'm the one who messed everything up.

So I have no right to feel sorry for myself or betrayed because Jack decided to move on. He has ever right to do that and be happy, he deserves love and as much as I wished I could have been the woman to make him happy, I just can't be. I'm too broken to love him the way he deserves to be loved.

Which means I have to take the high road here and place a smile on my face, as he moves on.

And I feel sad because of all of that.

"Grace, I would like you meet Chloe-;" I hear the sound of Tori's voice. Pulling out of my thoughts and turned around to see Tori standing in-front of me, with the woman that came here with Jack.

Taking a deep breath before plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Hi, I'm Grace it's nice to meet you" I polity replied still with the fake smile on my face, Tori smirks at me before handing me a glass of wine.

"Chloe is Jack's sister" Tori announces, coughing on a bit of wine as I take in her words by surprised.

"His sister?" I repeated.

"Yeah don't hold that against me though. I'm much more likeable than him"

I let me eyes look her over once. She has the same golden hair as Jack and the same eyes as him. Honestly from a far you probably wouldn't guess they were siblings but up close like now, if you knew them both you could see that they are.

I never knew Jack had siblings, in our late-night chats and our messages we never really talked about our families or anything like that. We joked and we teased, we laughed about stupid stuff. There were the odd moments where we were real with each other, about our lives but him more than me. I didn't want to open up my amor even by a little, which wasn't fair.

Because Jack shared more of himself with me, than I ever did with him.

"He's not so bad....in his own way" I heard Tori's voice joke, which snaps me out of me thoughts, as I turn my attention back to the conversation.

"I guess....but you didn't grow up with him leaving his dirty stocks all over the place" Chloe laughs.

"Fair point, but at this point I've come to realise that him and Derek, along with deacon are a package deal" My best friend smiles and laughs with Jack's sister like they've known each other for years.

Getting lost back in my own thoughts again. I don't know why I'm here, I don't belong here, I've never have. I love Tori and I love Daisy and I would never walk away from them, but being here feels wrong in some way and I don't know why, maybe it because I want someone so bad, even though I know I can't have him, maybe that's why being here hurts so much and I have nobody to blame but myself.

Apart of me would love to say Fuck it! Throw caution to the wind, tell Jack everything about my past, my scars, my nightmares. Love him in the way he wants to love me, I would give anything to let my amor down and love him.

But the last person after Xander I let help me, who I let in I lost at his hands.

I'll rather hate myself, like I do now for pushing him and his feelings away. Then be the reason he gets hurt.

The tapping of glass has been pulling out of my thoughts yet again, it feels like I'm always lost in my own head when around here. Blinking my tears away.

Looking around I realise two things. One: that Tori has now walked over to the back of the garden, she's standing next to her husband Derek, holding Daisy in her arms.

I feel a real smile on my face as I watch the happiness flow off my best friend.

She deserves this joy and this happiness, and I know that she's a fantastic mom.

And two: Jack has now moved closer to me and Chloe, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as I feel him next to me, as I small a hint of his aftershave.

"We would like to thank everyone for coming, especially those who have flown in to be here today, there is a reason why we wanted the people who we love here today with us, not just to celebrate 4th of July but also we wanted to share something with you all-" Derek breaks off and looks around the small group of people with a smile before his turns his eyes on his wife and daughter, his smile growing bigger as his wraps his arms around them.

"We're having a baby" Tori announces with a massive grin, just as everyone claps around us, Derek pulls her in for a kiss. Clapping my own hands as I watch the love around them.

Nodding my head and gently made my way back inside away from the congratulations to the happy couple on their news.

I'm beyond full of joy for them, I wish them every bit of happiness.

And this baby and Daisy couldn't ask for better parents, this just proves now more then ever I need to put distance between myself and the people I care about in River-Cove.

Because if there's one thing I know, that if my past is coming back to haunt me. I don't want anyone I love getting caught in crossfire.

I need to stay away, it's just better for everyone. 

~~~

I'm so sorry sorry it's took me this long to update this story.

the last few months have been rough, but I'm hoping to update a lot more in the future . 

Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter.

xx