CHAPTER SIX

Song: Spell by Chike

Chapter six
As soon as I got home, I rushed to my room and collapsed on the bed.

Gosh! Am so tired

🎶🎶🎶
🎶Ouuuu eh
🎶Oh na
🎶Girl
🎶Made a promise to myself
🎶I go face my front
🎶I don resolve
🎶I no fit look back

My phone rang as it vibrated on my bed. I checked for the caller and it was kasala.

So it took her so long to call me since she went back to school.

🎶But the way wey I suddenly change my mind
🎶Oh e dey one kind

🎶uh the truth be say
🎶I no use my eye

I looked at my phone as it kept playing spell by Chike.

I answered the voice call when something popped up in the screen of my phone.

What's that?

I screamed in fear throwing my phone back on the bed.

No wait
It looked like someone's face. It should be kasala.

I picked up my phone again. Gosh she scared me.i thought it was another thing.

"Sis...ter, why are you.....always...... popping......face.......camera?" I tried to utter my words and sort of angry at the same time.

"Ohhhh, I didn't know that my face was too close to the phone sef" She sounded surprised. Guess she didn't really know.

"So hadiza how far nah? Hope you are not missing me too much" kasala smiled when she noticed Hadiza's mood."Hadiza what's wrong? You look pale"

Was it that obvious?

"So tell me hadiza.you know a problem shared is a problem half solved. So just tell me"

I told kasala everything that had happened with the project stuff but didn't tell her about the bullies.

"Hadiza since your partner has already been changed. it's better than Fabiola being your partner right?"she said as I nodded. She's right Conrad is better than Fabiola.

"So cheer up girl,nothing will happen and don't worry yourself too much" kasala's word helped me. I felt this was what I needed."Hadiza you hear"she dragged her ear and I nodded smiling.

"How's.....everything? Wait.... Is it the same...... room..... last ..... year"I stammered

"Hey Lil sis, slow down with the questions nah"kasala continued "everything is fine.you can even see it from my face, see the way am looking fresh "she brought the phone close to her face. Her face looked fresher, her hair was covered with a scarf with her edges perfectly done and she was putting on a black baggy top. I knew how many she loved baggy tops.she then continued "and the room is way better and finer than my former room. Hold on lemme show you around"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My relatives came over when I came downstairs that evening. They were all seated by the dining table, noisily and cheerfully eating dinner. I approached them slowly, pondering on what to say to each of them. I didn't want to come down to see them. They all knew what I was, and all they would do is make me feel bad about it. It wasn't like I had a choice, mum made me come down here and greet them. Just as I was about to greet an Aunt. A man, who wore a buba and sokoto with an hat stood up suddenly and yelled words of anger. Two men in the same clothing of different colours stood up and responded in the same way. A minute later, everyone at the dining table were in a full on argument and it seemed pretty heated.