Phase 1

Thanks for waiting....I am Morino Ibiki, the examiner for the Chuunin selection exam's first test..." Ibiki said

"We will now start the first test in the Chuunin exam. Instead of your current seating arrangments. You will pick one of these numbers and sit in the seat where the numbers are.We will then had out the exams" Ibiki said

Now there are many important rules to this first test.I'll write it on the board while I explain, but questions will not be allowed, so listen carefully" Ibiki said

'Rule one, the test works on a point deduction system, unlike regular tests you all start off with a perfect score of ten points. If you answer three questions wrong your score is seven. Rule two every time a person is caught cheating they will lose two points, get caught cheating five times and you fail. That is what the sentinels you see to your sides are for, they will monitor you. Anyone caught cheating doesn't deserve to be here. Finally you will be scored together with your team and if one person on your team gets a zero you all fail. The tenth question will be given out forty five minutes from now.' Finished Ibiki.

Sakura paled as she feared Naruto might fail the test. She still thought he was not intelligent but rather, saw him as an idiot.

'Now begin!' Announced Ibiki.

Everyone started to read the questions and many quickly realised that they didn't know the answers for many, if not all of the questions and came to the conclusion that they had to cheat.
There were many different methods of cheating such as using Doujutsu, using pets to find answers mirrors and even jutsus.

Naruto answered the questions with his own knowledge. He wrote random answers for some

"All done" Naruto thought

As Naruto was about to lean back a kunai whizzed past his face and into the test of the person behind him.

'What was that all about?' Asked the Genin.

'Five strikes and you're out you just failed the test.' Said the Chunin who threw the kunai.

'What it can't be.' Cried the Genin.

The trend of failure continued and many teams failed, about fifteen in total and now the time of the tenth question was approaching. Kankuro chose that time to walk in just as Ibiki was getting ready to ask the tenth question.

'Ah you've returned. I hope your trip to the bathroom was enlightening.' Said Ibiki with a small grin.

Kankuro appeared nervous but walked back to his seat while dropping a tiny rolled up scroll near Temari.

'Now listen carefully and try not to let the rules frighten you. Very well rule number one, each of you is free to not take the question, it's your decision.' Begun Ibiki.

'Whoa so what's the catch, say we don't want to take the question?' Asked Temari.

'If you refuse to take the tenth question regardless of your answers to the other nine you get a zero, meaning you fail along with your teammates.' Replied Ibiki.

Murmurs went around of people saying that they would definitely take the question before Ibiki spoke 'You didn't let me finish. If you choose to take the question and answer it wrong, you and your teammates will be barred from taking the Chunin exams forever.'

'Hey that's bull there are lots of people who have taken this exam before.' Said Kiba angrily.

Ibiki chuckled and said 'I guess you're just unlucky, I wasn't making the rules before, but I am now. Of course if you don't want to take it you don't have to. If you're not feeling confident then by all means skip it and come back and try again next year.' Said Ibiki who then laughed.