1

"Cora are you almost ready? We're going to be late." My bestfriend, Ruby, asks me sitting on my bed scrolling on insta. I clean up my makeup off of my vanity back into the drawers.

"Yes, let's go Miss impatient" I say to her as we both let out a small laugh together. Ruby and I have been bestfriends for as long as I can remember, our families were very close when we were younger, we walk out of my room of my apartment and I hear a male voice, my little brother, Lucas.

"Where you guys going without me?" He stood in his door frame all confidently. He was only a few months younger then me, I think it's called... Irish twins? Whatever, this was my trio, we always hung out together, we were all pretty close. They were basically the only family I needed. Ruby had her own place but she was always over Lucas and my apartment.

"Hello? Are we going Cora?" Lucas asked me.

"Yeah let's go guys" I said hyping all of us up. We all get in my car, me driving, Ruby in the passenger and Lucas in the back. We get to the party and it is packed.

"Can we stay together please" Lucas says over the loud music to both Ruby and I. We both shook our heads yes and started to head over to the drinks, Ruby doesn't drink so she usually just monitors Lucas and I. Around 20 minutes into the party I was chugging alcohol like water, it tasted like it. I was looking around to see if I recognized anyone but a tall handsome guy around my age looking at me caught my eye, I was definitely drunk at this point so I thought it was a great idea to walk up to him and start talking.

"Hey I noticed you were looking at me" I said to him all slurred. I couldn't keep my balance so I ended up leaning into him.

"Woah you are wasted, you need to sit down." He helped me walk to the closest couch and I fell on it quickly. He sat next to me. I looked over to him to see how cute he really was, his ocean eyes and beautiful dark hair. I wasn't going to say anything obviously because I just met this guy.

"I'm Colby, Colby Brock." This guy said... Colby... Colby Brock... where have I heard that na- OH MY GOD!! I went to school with him, he was in band, not many people liked him but I never seen what they didn't like about him.

"I'm Cora" I say trying to speak like a normal person.

"Well hi Cora, let's cool down on the drinks ok" he said laughing a little. We kept talking for about an hour until I saw Ruby and Lucas start walking towards me.

"Where have you been?! Both you and Lucas are completely gone!" Colby looked at Ruby before noticing she was looking back and forth and Colby and I.

"And who is this?" She pointed to Colby.

"Oh I'm Colby, are you her mom? Because if you are you look really young to be-" Ruby interrupted him.

"No I'm her bestfriend and this is her brother Lucas, I don't drink so I make sure they get home safe. Let's go Cora it's late" I look at Colby and scrunch my nose.

"Sounds like she's the boss but here, lemme put my number in your phone and I'll message you tomorrow." Colby says as I give him my phone to put his number in it. I smile as Ruby grabs my hand and walk out of there.

I woke up the next morning and looked in my camera to see the pictures I got. I only really got one good picture so I put it up on insta

 I only really got one good picture so I put it up on insta