𖤐 Petty Arguments (☠︎︎)𖤐

Tw(?): Arguing
Can be read as playtonic or romantic :)
(Y/K/N) = Your Killjoy name

♱♱♱♱♱

We rushed back to the diner after a clap with some Draculoids. We were on a supply run and Party Poison had gotten shot, so we had to leave sooner than we had wanted.

Jet Star was busy patching up Party's wound, which wasn't anything too bad.

"Are you crazy?!" I shouted "You could've gotten us killed!"

Party rolled their eyes at me. "This wouldn't have happened if you followed instructions." They hissed as Jet applied pressure to their shoulder where they had been shot.

Party Poison was arrogant, they believed they were better than everyone because they were the self proclaimed "leader". Everyone just brushed it off, but it got on my nerves constantly.

"I'm the leader of this group, you need to listen to me if you wanna survive out here." They said, anger evident in their voice.

"There are no leaders, Poison, we have to work together if we don't wanna get ghosted in the middle of nowhere!" I barked back, raising my hands defensively. "You need to get your head out of your ass and realise that!"

Jet had finished tending to Party's wound and was sitting and watching us arguing, contemplating whether or not to intervene.

"You would be dead if it weren't for me! You either listen to me or you get out and learn how to survive on your own!" They snapped, finally standing up and walking closer to me.

I watched as they moved closer, standing over me once we were face to face.

"You can't play leader when we're all literally fighting for our lives every single day! We all need each other to survive, no one is more important than anyone else and that includes you!" I spat at them, finally having been pushed to the edge. I turned and stomped away, not wanting to escalate things more, I was already exhausted and arguing with Party was just draining me even more.

♱♱♱♱♱

It had been a while after my yelling match with Party Poison, half an hour at least. I was sitting on the roof of the diner watching the sunset when I heard the scuff of boots behind me.

I turned to see Poison, their fiery red hair complimenting the orange and yellow sky behind them. They sat beside me and rested their hands in their lap, gazing up at the cloudy sky, then sighing deeply.

"I'm sorry, (y/k/n), you're right. I need to let go of the whole leader thing, we're all in this together." They said calmly, still staring at the sky.

My hand moved to rest on theirs as I scooted closer to them.

"Thank you." I said, making eye contact with them, finally. They wrapped their arm around me and pulled me closer, resting their head on top of mine.

"I love you." They said, looking back at the sky that was now darker than before.

"I love you too, Poison."