𖤐 Sunrise (♥︎) 𖤐

A/N: HEY YALL IM ALIVE 💯‼️

♱♱♱♱♱

I wake up to the sound of the alarm I had set the night before, my favourite song blaring as I try to crack open my eyes to turn it off. It's 5:30 am.

I throw my blankets off, stretch, and rub the sleep from my eyes. Picking out an outfit,  get change from my pyjamas into something somewhat presentable.

I grab my phone and call my best friend, Gerard. He'll probably be angry at me for waking him up at this hour, the sun hasn't risen yet, but I'm too eager for what I want to show him (if he wakes up) that the thought never crosses my mind.

"Hello..?" A raspy, sleep filled voice comes from my phone and I smile. "It's 5:30 in the morning, are you okay, Y/N...?"

I giggle before opening my mouth to speak. "I'm fine, there's something I wanna show you, though."

"Can't you show me at a normal hour?" I hear him shift in his bed, the sheets brushing against the microphone of his phone.

"No, I'll be over soon. Wake up and get dressed." I hang up and go to the kitchen to find something to eat and drink.

[time skip]

I walk to Gerard house, wrapping my hoodie tightly around myself. The air night are was cold, but not freezing, it made bumps rise over my skin.

Once I reach Gerard's home, I throw rocks at his bedroom window. He opens the window and still looks exhausted, but is changed into a black hoodie and a pair of jeans.

"Get out here!" I yell quietly, so I don't wake anyone.

He shakes his head "You're crazy, Y/N.." he says before closing the window and heading to the front door. The moment he's out the door I grab his hand and begin dragging him towards the park we hang out after school most days.

I sit down on the swing set, inviting him to sit next to me. We talked amongst ourselves about nothing and everything at the same time.

I'm rocking gently on the swing and look up at the sky. "Gee, look!" I point above me at the rising sun with an enthusiastic smile spread across my face.

His head tilts up to look where I'm pointing and he smiles lightly. "Is this really what you wanted to show me?" He asks with a sassy tone, to which I giggle at.

"Yeah, I like watching the sun rise and set. It's calming, and really pretty." I look over at him briefly, turning back to the sky after just a second.

The sky is an orangish-yellow colour, the clouds are a light grey and are drifting slowly through the sky, some momentarily covering the light of the sun, which is just below the trees.

"I agree.." Gerard agrees with a yawn, stretching his arms above his head. "I might have to paint this later."

I turn to him again, smiling wider than I was before. "I'd love to see it." My voice is quiet and soft, but loud enough for Gerard to hear. I take his hand in mine, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles softly. He looks down at our hands, then back up at me with a soft smile, pink lightly dusting over his cheeks.

♱♱♱♱♱

It's been about on hour, we had just been sitting on the swing set, talking and watching the sun come up. It's almost completely risen now, the orange-yellow shades turned a bright blue.

I'm starting to doze off, the exhaustion from how early I woke up finally hitting me like a truck. Gerard looks at me when I yawn and he laughs softly.

"Let's go back to my place, we can go back to sleep for a while." He stands and smiles down at me, still holding onto my hand. I follow, stretching as I get up from my spot.

"Yeah.. I'd like that." I snuggle into his side and he wraps his arm around my shoulders. We walk back to his home and quietly sneak back inside to his room. He pulls back his blankets so we can crawl under them.

He silently lays down on his side of the bed, facing me. He looked beautiful with his messy black hair and soft hazel eyes. He wore a lazy smile as he closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

I absentmindedly move closer to him, trying to find at least a bit more warmth. His eyes opened slightly, then he wrapped an arm around my waist and closed them again. I scooted even closer so my head was resting against his chest, and I fell asleep to the steady sound of his heart beat.

♱♱♱♱♱

A/N: HEY I'M ALIVE!! I like totally forgot this app existed for a while BUT I'LL TRY TO UPLOAD MORE, I PROMISE. 🙏💯