Spiders

((Human Jasper and Peridot. Yay. :3))

Jasper's POV

I yawned as I made my way back to my dorm room. Football practice had ran later than expected so I knew Peridot would be upset with me. I had promised to do the dishes, and I had planned on doing that after football practice. But alas, here I was walking to our dorm at six thirty at night. She was gonna be pissed...

I stood outside of the room trying to think of an excuse as to why I didn't do the dishes.

I was busy all day with homewo- wait no, I never do my homework... Um... Crap she knows I didn't have class today at noon... Well I'm screwed...

I sighed and braced myself for what she was going to do. I opened the door and walked into the room only to find it in a bigger mess than how I had left it. The small coffee table we had was turned onto it's side and I saw papers everywhere. And in the center of all of the mess was my girlfriend Peridot. Her hair was a mess and her green eyes were wide with fear. I felt concerned and I walked over, setting my bag on the ground.

"Peri? You ok?" I asked softly.

She looked at me and ran up to me, clinging to me.

"Jasper kill it!!" She shrieked, burying her head into me.

Normally I'd make a dirty joke about how she was clinging to me, but she seemed seriously scared about something so I held my tongue. I patted her back, trying to comfort her.

"What's wrong, what do I need to kill?" I asked.

She turned her head and with a shaky hand pointed to the wall by our window.

"T-the spider!" She exclaimed.

I looked up and saw a quarter sized spider chilling on the wall. I smiled a little. I thought spiders were pretty cool but I knew Peridot was absolutely terrified of them. I gently pried her off of me and walked up to the spider. I smiled and poked it with my finger.

"Hey buddy, how ya doing?" I purred.

I heard Peridot whine behind me.

"Jasper kill it!!" She whined.

I smiled then slammed my fist onto the spider; it's guts splattering everywhere. I wiped my hand on my pant-leg and glanced at Peridot.

"I killed it." I purred.

She ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I pet her head and smiled.

"Thank you..." She whispered.

"Eh, it was nothing." I replied casually.

She looked up at me.

"Now we need to discuss the fact that you didn't do the dishes, even though you promised you would."

My smile faltered but I nuzzled her.

"But I killed a spider for you! Doesn't that make up for it?"

"Do the dishes, Jasper."

I chuckled and kissed her head.

"Man you drive a hard bargain..."

End~