School Days

Request for skylarliare

Jasper's POV (age ten)

I whined weakly as I entered the school. I could feel hundreds of eyes on me as I walked into the large school and I could almost hear some people snickering at me as I passed them by. People always tended to bully me because of my skin condition. They thought it was weird, and they were right. I was weird... I had dark skin with some splashes of white skin and a wild mane of blonde hair. People made fun of me for it, and I couldn't control it. Besides no one really cared if I was bullied or not. No one ever cared.

I walked into the schoolyard and sat down in my normal spot; under a shaded tree farther away from everyone. It was the perfect little spot. I pulled out my notebook and began doodling in it. I was a horrible artist, but it passed the time so I couldn't really complain. As I doodled I saw another shadow fall over me and I looked up. Sure enough the kids who normally bullied me were standing there. I felt my stomach drop and I hissed.

Oh great...

"Hey look! Wonder what the weirdo is drawing now." One of them hissed.

The small group of girls giggled and I felt hot embarrassment course through me. I really just wanted to be left alone. I started to stand up but the ringleader of the group pushed me down again. I scrapped my elbow against the roots of the tree and I felt tears burn the corners of my eyes. One of the girls let out a shrill squeal of laughter.

"Are you gonna cry now? You're such a baby!" She teased, which sent the other girls into fits of laughter.

I quickly gathered my things, tears threatening to fall out of my eyes. It didn't help that my elbow was now throbbing in pain, and I felt embarrassment coursing through my skin and my cheeks burned. I had to get away, even if I had to force my way through them. I started to get up when another, smaller girl ran up. She had brunette hair pulled up in a small messy bun and had glasses on. She was wearing a green skirt with a lighter green shirt. She looked angry. I expected her to begin bullying me as well but she turned to the group of girls standing in front of me.

"Leave her alone!!" She yelled.

The girls in front of me looked just as surprised as I felt. This tiny girl was standing up for me? She had to have been in third grade! The ringleader of the group snickered and looked at the small girl in front of me.

"Who do you think you are?" She teased, "Why are you standing up for her?"

The small girl put her hands on her hips and glowered at them. I had never seen someone so small look so scary.

"Leave her alone!" she repeated, "Leave her alone or else!"

The girls in front of her snickered and I felt my cheeks heat up more. I didn't need some puny shrimp standing up for me! I was going to open my mouth to protest but the ringleader pushed the smaller girl.

"Oh yeah? Make us!" She sneered.

I winced a little as I saw her stumble slightly. I knew she wouldn't stand a chance against these girls, and then she'd probably hate me for allowing her to get beaten up. I was about to stop them when suddenly the smaller girl threw her arm back and slammed her small fist into the ringleader's face. I stared at her in shock and the other girls stared at her. The ringleader got to her feet then ran away crying and the other girls followed quickly. The smaller girl smiled then turned to me. She had large green eyes.

"There! They shouldn't bother you now!" she said happily, "I'm Peridot by the way!"

I stared at her then I looked down.

"I-I'm Jasper..." I said softly.

Peridot smiled more and looked at me. She had some sympathy on her face.

"Hey, you should learn how to stand up for yourself." She said, "I mean you're big enough to push people around!" 

I looked away and didn't say anything. Peridot tipped her head to the side and touched my arm.

"Hey, you really should... Don't let other people push you around." She said, giving me a kind smile, "I think you're pretty great, you know."

I blushed and looked at her. Before I could say anything she got to her feet and smiled.

"Well I gotta go. I'll see you later, Jasper! Find me at recess ok?" She called before she ran off.

I watched her go and I felt my heart speed up. I smiled weakly and looked down. She was the only person who had ever believed in me... And I wanted to return the favor to her one day.

I promise... From this day forward I will fight my own battles... I promise you... I thought.

With that the bell to start the day rang and I gathered my things quickly. I tried to catch a glimpse of Peridot through the crowd, but I couldn't see her. I sighed then began to walk to my classroom, already thinking of the games we would play when I saw her at recess.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 05, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Jaspidot Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें