Not Jealous... Right

Jasper's POV

Ok, you can do this... Just remember the plan and don't fuck it up!

I stared in the mirror one last time, trying to make myself more... Presentable. It took me at least two hours to get my unruly mane of hair under control, thanks to Rose, so now I was ready! I grabbed my coat and ran out of the room.

I made my way towards the library. Peridot was always hanging around the library, reading books and stuff. I always wondered why she did that. Reading was so dumb.

I clutched the note in my hand, trying to calm my heartbeat. It was finally the time to confess how I felt about that cute little brunette and I was so nervous. I always teased her so I didn't know how she would react to finding out I actually had feelings for her.

I hope she doesn't slap me... God I don't know what I'd do if she hit me... I thought nervously.

I approached the library. The lights were dim, probably because it was about to close for the night. I took a deep breath and walked into the library. I looked around, trying to find Peridot. I looked around the abandoned library until I heard her giggle behind some bookshelves. I gasped happily.

Peridot!

I started to walk that way but then I froze when I heard another giggle. She was with Lapis Lazuli. I hid behind something, trying to listen to their conversation.

"...Yeah I'm free almost everyday." I heard Lapis say.

Peridot gasped happily.

"You're a lifesaver, thank you so much!!" Peridot replied.

I poked my head around the bookshelf and saw Peridot hugging Lapis tightly. It felt like my heart shattered.

She's with Lapis?! No... She can't be... God I'm such an idiot!! I thought, running out of the library before they could see me.

Peridot's POV

I pulled away from the hug and smiled. I was so happy she could help me with my project. Jasper never showed an interest in helping me so it was nice having a friend help.

"It's really no trouble, I love being able to help. But are you sure Jasper will allow you to be alone with me?" Lapis asked.

I looked at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Lapis blinked at me.

"You mean you haven't noticed?"

"Notice what?"

She smirked then shrugged.

"I dunno, you'll have to ask her. Anyways I'll see you later ok."

I nodded then packed my things as Lapis left the library. I smiled then began walking back to my dorm room.

Jasper should be there already... God I hope she did the dishes... I thought as I walked up to the door and opened it.

The room was actually... Clean. The dishes still weren't done though. I groaned a little and walked into the kitchen. I turned the light on and turned the sink on.

"First it was the dog, and now she won't even do dishes!" I hissed under my breath.

I heard something shift behind me and I turned and saw Jasper standing there. She looked slightly surprised to see me standing there.

"...I was about to do those..." She said weakly.

I rolled my eyes and grinned.

"Sure you were..." I replied casually, going back to the dishes.

Jasper shifted again and looked away. Something was really bothering her. I shrugged it off and continued with the dishes.

"You're home early... I thought you'd be with Lapis." Jasper said, a hint of venom in her voice.

I jumped and looked at her. It clicked and I knew she was jealous of my friendship with Lapis. I smiled and shook my head.

"We're just friends, no need to be jealous." I said calmly.

Jasper blinked and a blush appeared on her cheeks.

"I-I'm not jealous! Stop being desperate Peridork!" She retorted.

I smiled and turned away.

"That's a funny way of saying you care about me." I purred.

Jasper went silent. She knew that I knew. I chuckled and looked at her.

"Hey, while you're over there come help with the dishes."

Jasper blinked then smirked.

"You'll have to kiss me first." She said, turning and running off.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Boy... You're gonna be a handful."

End