The New Arrival

You were nervous as you made your way up the steps to 221B Baker Street. As a young investigative journalist, you had always idolized Sherlock Holmes, and the prospect of meeting him in person was both thrilling and intimidating. 

You straightened your skirt and smoothed down your hair, trying to look professional and confident

You straightened your skirt and smoothed down your hair, trying to look professional and confident. When you arrived at the door, you hesitated for a moment before knocking. The sound echoed through the house, and you heard footsteps approaching. The door swung open to reveal a tall, thin man with piercing blue eyes and a shock of dark hair.

"Who exactly are you?" said Sherlock Holmes, his voice deep and resonant.You nodded, feeling a little tongue-tied. "Uh, I am the investigative journalist you sent for, sir. I received your letter and came as soon as I could."

"Well I have not sent any letter you must be mistaken," said Sherlock, closing the door. 

You stood there shocked had someone played a trick on you? Who wrote this letter to you seeking "advice" impersonating Mr. Holmes? 

As you were about to leave feeling, confused; the door swung open. "My apologies I did not believe my stubborn brother would shut the door on you the way he did. You turn around staring at the young girl. "Sorry, I have forgotten to introduce myself my name is Enola Holmes. I requested your assistance. Please come in."

You walk back up the stairs and step into the dimly lit foyer, looking around in awe at the cluttered bookshelves, the dusty furniture, and the various scientific instruments scattered about the room. This was the home of the world's greatest detective, and you couldn't believe you were actually standing there.

As Enola led you through the house, you tried to keep your excitement under control. You knew that he was a famously aloof and eccentric man, and you didn't want to make a bad impression. After a few minutes, you arrived at a small sitting room, where a man was lounging on a sofa, reading a book.

"Ah, Tewksbury, our guest has arrived," said Enola, with a small smile.

Tewksbury looked up from his book which seemed to be about flowers, his eyes are bright and curious. He was dressed in a simple but formal white waistcoat and black tailcoat and trousers with his hair slightly ruffled. He looked as if he hadn't slept in days."Hello," he said, giving you a friendly smile. "I'm  Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether. But you can call me Tewkesbury. It's nice to meet you."

You returned his smile, feeling a sense of warmth and camaraderie. Despite the fact that you had only just met him, you felt a kinship with this young man, who seemed so sweet and charming.

"So, what's the case?" you asked, turning to Enola. Just as Sherlock walked into the study. "What is she doing here? Enola, you can't just invite whoever you want into my home!" Sherlock said with a grin.

Enola looked at you and gave you a sly grin. "Ah, always so eager." Avoiding the remarks of her brother entirely.  "I like that. But first, let me introduce you properly. This is my brother, Sherlock Holmes." You nod your head in agreement knowing of his position. "And although he won't admit it he has been stumped by a case," Enola stated. You laugh a little at the delivery of her statement and as Sherlock glares at Enola.

Well, not knowing what to do the moment you decide to introduce yourself. "My name is Lady Y/n L/n. It's an honor to meet you, Mr. Holmes," you said, extending a hand. Sherlock took your hand, his grip firm and confidence. "Likewise, you are that investigative journalist, right? The one who writes for the Daily Inquiry yes? " he said. "Yes, that is me," you say. 

"Good, good," Sherlock said, releasing your hand. "Now, as Enola has mentioned, I guess we are in need of your assistance. There is a case that has been perplexing me for some time now, and I believe your expertise could be of great help."

You nod, feeling a surge of excitement at the prospect of working with the legendary detective. "Of course, I am happy to help in any way I can," you said.

Sherlock explained the details of the case to you, and you listened intently, taking notes and asking questions. You could feel the gears in your mind turning as you tried to piece together the clues and solve the mystery. 

Sherlock turned his attention to you both, his expression serious. "There have been reports of a dangerous criminal organization operating in London. They're involved in smuggling, extortion, and other illicit activities. I've been trying to track them down for some time, but they seem to be one step ahead of me at every turn."

You leaned forward, your eyes gleaming with excitement. "And what do you want us to do?""I want you to help me bring them to justice," said Sherlock, his voice firm. "I believe that the key to solving this case lies in uncovering their network of contacts and informants. That's where you two come in. I need you to infiltrate the underworld of London and find out everything you can about this organization." 

You turned to Tewksbury, who seemed to be listening intently. "And what is your role in all of this?" you asked him.

As you stare at him, Enola steps forward, adding, "Tewksbury will pose as a wealthy aristocrat looking to invest in their business, which will allow him to move freely in their circles and gather information."

Tewksbury nods in agreement. "I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help bring these criminals to justice and prevent further harm to innocent people," he said.

Sherlock looks at you, his eyes sharp and analytical. "Lady Y/n, I need you to use your investigative skills to help Tewksbury navigate the criminal underworld and uncover any leads. I want you to be his partner in this operation."

You feel a sense of excitement and apprehension. This was a dangerous and challenging task, but you couldn't resist the opportunity to work with Sherlock Holmes and make a difference in the world.

"I'm in," you say firmly, feeling a surge of determination. "Let's do this."

Sherlock nods, his expression serious. "Excellent. Enola will provide you with any support you need. But remember, this is a dangerous mission, and the risks are high. You must be careful, vigilant, and above all, smart."

With those words of warning, the meeting comes to an end, and you make your way out of the study, your mind buzzing with ideas and possibilities. This was going to be an adventure unlike any other, and you were ready for the challenge.

After a few hours of brainstorming and discussion, you felt confident that you had a solid lead. "I think I know who a possible suspect is," you said, looking at Sherlock and Enola.

Sherlock raised an eyebrow, his expression unreadable. "And who would that be?" he asked.

You laid out your theory, providing evidence and reasoning for your conclusion. After a few moments of silence, Sherlock let out a small chuckle. "Well, it seems you are quite skilled in your craft, Lady Y/n. Your deduction is sound," he said.

Enola grinned, looking impressed. "I knew you were the right person for the job," she said. You felt a sense of pride and satisfaction, knowing that you had made a valuable contribution to the case. As you bid farewell to the Holmes siblings and Tewkesbury, you couldn't help but feel a sense of admiration for their unique and brilliant minds. You left 221B Baker Street feeling inspired and grateful for the opportunity to work alongside the great detective himself.