T. Hawthorne

After the ball, Y/N returned to Sherlock's flat with the others. They were all relieved that the heist had failed, and Angelica Fitzroy was safe. As they discussed the night's events, Y/N couldn't shake the feeling that someone had been watching her during the ball.

"Is something bothering you, Y/N?" Tewksbury asked, noticing the thoughtful look on his face.

Y/N hesitated for a moment before responding, "I don't know, Tewksbury. It's just... I felt like someone was watching me the entire time we were at the ball. It was unnerving." Sherlock, ever the observant detective, raised an eyebrow. "Watching you? Are you certain?"

"I can't be certain, but it felt like eyes were on me, especially during the dance with the kidnappers," Y/N explained.

Enola's eyes widened with realization. "Perhaps it was someone from Henry's gang? They might have been keeping an eye on you, considering you were the one who foiled the heist."

"It's possible," Sherlock agreed, deep in thought. "But if they were watching you, they must have noticed that you're not just an ordinary ball attendee."Enola chimed in, "That means they might become suspicious, and they could be planning another attempt."

Enola nodded, "We can't ignore the possibility. We need to stay vigilant."

Sherlock suggested, "Y/N, I think it's best if you lay low for a while. If they think you're just a random guest at the ball, they might not focus on you. We'll keep an eye on things and see if they make any moves."

Y/N understood the logic behind Sherlock's suggestion and reluctantly agreed. She knew that protecting Angelica and stopping Henry's gang was their top priority. As the days passed, the group continued their investigation into Henry Blackwood's gang. Enola used her skills to gather more information on their operations, while Sherlock analyzed the clues they had collected. Tewksbury was on high alert, watching for any signs of the gang's activities, and Y/N kept a low profile, avoiding any public appearances.

One evening, as Y/N was walking home, she felt the sensation of being followed again. She quickened her pace, trying to shake off her pursuer, but the feeling only intensified. She decided to lead the person away from her flat, not wanting to risk leading danger to her doorstep. Once she was sure she had gained some distance, Y/N turned a corner and quickly hid in a shadowed alcove. She waited, breath held, to see who had been following her. Moments later, a figure emerged from the darkness. It was a man, wearing a black coat and a hat that concealed his face. He looked around cautiously before seemingly satisfied that Y/N had disappeared.

Y/N recognized the man from the ball; one of the kidnappers who had attempted to grab Angelica. It was clear that he was searching for her. Y/N had decided to take a shortcut through a narrow alley, thinking it would be a safer way to get out. As she walked briskly, she failed to notice the shadowy figure behind her, silently closing in. Suddenly, a cloth was pressed against her mouth, and before she could react, she felt her body grow weak, and everything went dark. When Y/N regained consciousness, she found herself in a dimly lit room, hands tied to a chair. The man who had been following her was standing in front of her, a sinister smile on his face. "Well, well, well, what do we have here? The brave little journalist herself," he taunted. Y/N tried to remain composed, "Who are you, and what do you want?"

The man chuckled, "Let's just say I'm a fan of your work. You've been causing quite a bit of trouble for my boss, Henry Blackwood." "What do you want with me?" Y/N demanded. "Oh, you're going to be my insurance policy. In case your friends get too close to Henry and his plans, they'll think twice before making a move," he explained, a glint of malice in his eyes.

Meanwhile, Sherlock decided to call Y/N to see if she was available to meet at a local garden to be in the presence of each other and talk about the case and possibly other things. The telephone rang but no answer, he tried once more but no answer. Sherlock was confused but assumed that Y/N might have been at the local market or may have been out of her flat. He waited a couple of hours before he decided to call her again, the telephone rang again but no one answered. Sherlock couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. He decided to pay a visit to Y/N's flat to see if he could talk to her. When he arrived at her flat, he noticed that the door was slightly ajar, which only added to his concern. Sherlock cautiously entered, calling out for Y/N, but there was no response. The flat appeared to be in disarray as if someone had been searching through it.