Why?

Helena's P.O.V:

When we got back to the BAU we filled in the rest of the team with the information we all found.

"If we are following this correctly, then the unsubs should be attempting something today," Reid says.

"How much time does that give us?" Emily asks.

"If we're lucky... three hours," He responds.

That brought down everyone's mood, but it was the truth, and we have to work fast with the information we have.

"Okay, let's go deliver the profile," Hotch tells us.

We pack up the necessary files and head to the main room of the BAU.

"We have multiple unsubs, both consisting of female and male," Reid says.

"They all have a medical background and active licence giving them access to operating rooms in these hospitals," I tell them.

"We believe that they will be active very soon or they may have already started. They would have transferred from hospital to hospital in amounts of time to not make it look suspicious, they would transfer one at a time, but as a group," Emily explained.

"They have partners who have all disappeared, with the insurance money taking it in cash so it couldn't be traced," I say

We deliver the rest of the profile and we get started on trying to catch these people.

I was checking over some more files with Penelope and Reid when my phone rang.

I check the caller ID and it's Lilith.

"Excuse me, I need to take this call," I tell them. They just nod giving me small smiles.

"Hey Lilith, what's going on?"

She doesn't answer.

"Lilith is everything okay?" I ask now worried about her.

"I need you to come down to the hospital, Clay is getting his heart transplant surgery and Jack is performing it," She says.

My heart drops.

"What?"

"And there's more," She says. She's crying I can tell by her voice.

I listened carefully to what she was telling me, and I just wanted to vomit.

Not only did Clay start his surgery without telling me, but he also got married. My head is spinning, and all I can think about is getting down to the hospital.

"I'll be there in ten minutes," I say before hanging up the phone.

I know Garcia and Reid heard the conversation so they didn't question anything.

"Just go, we've got this covered," Reid says.

"Thank you," I say right before rushing out of the room.

I need to find Hotchner to get permission to leave on personal reasons.

I find him speaking to Emily.

"Hotch, I'm so sorry, but I need to leave, something is going on with Clay and Lilith, and I am extremely confused and-," I was cut off by Emily.

"Go, we're almost done here"

"If we need you we'll call you," Hotch says.

"Thank you"

I rush out of the BAU and drive to the hospital.

How is this even possible? Why didn't he tell me? Why?

I need to answer all these questions, and quickly, at this point for my sanity.

To the hospital

"Lilith! Lilith!?"

I know I shouldn't be screaming in a hospital, but I need to find her, I run into hall after hall trying to find her.

I finally find her in the cafeteria, reading some letters she had in her hands.

"Lilith?"

She looks up and meets my eyes.

"Helena you're here, thank goodness," She says while getting up to hug me.

"What's going on?" I ask her while hugging her.

"This is way more serious than we all thought, but I have a plan," She says while we go on a walk in the halls of the hospital.

She explains everything that she figured out. About Sam and her whole plan.

They're our unsubs.

After she explained what was going on I called Hotch to tell him about the situation, but they were already on their way, they figured it out which is great.

We need to get Clay before it's too late, but then I realized Lilith didn't tell me her plan, and by her response to my face I can tell she knew what I was going to ask.

She puts her hand on my cheek and looks at me deeply, with the most serious eyes.

"Take care of yourself, and please take care of Clay, he loves you, and so do I," She says not breaking eye contact.

"Wha-? No," I realized what she was going to do.

She pushes me into a room and locks it. She was going to give her heart to Clay.

"NO, LILITH, NO, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!" She was already gone. I kept banging on the door.

"LET ME OUT! PLEASE, DON'T DO THIS! GET ME OUT, PLEASE!" I'm screaming. How can no one hear me?

I turn, my back facing the door and I can't help but sob slowly sliding down the door.

I feel alone, but not, at the same time. Lilith is going to kill herself and I don't even know if Clay is alive.

I feel a presence, but as soon as I felt it, it was gone. I have to pull myself together I can't stop.

I get up, and I hear people running in the halls. I check through the small window, and it's Derek and Emily.

I bang on the door, "Hey, get me out," they stop immediately when they see me.

"Help!"

Derek points to his ears motioning that he can't hear me. The room is soundproof and Lilith knew that. I motion that I can't open the door and he tells me to stand back.

He kicks it open. I am relieved for two seconds before I remember that Lilith is about to commit suicide.

I rush down the hall back to the cafeteria where the commotion was with Emily and Derek behind me, and that's when I see her. Dead. Dead on the table with pills. She was being carried to the OR.

"NO, NO SOMEONE HELP HER! SHE'S STILL ALIVE!" I try to run to her, but I'm stopped by Derek holding me back.

"LET GO OF ME YOU SON OF A BITCH, LET GO, SHE'S STILL ALIVE!"

"HELENA LISTEN TO ME! She's gone," he lowers his tone after I stop fighting him.

I then notice everyone from the BAU was here, watching me have this breakdown, but I don't even care about anything but catching the unsubs.

I make eye contact with Hotch, and he starts ordering people around the hospital to catch them.

I'm now with Reid, and we stopped Penny at the elevator.

"Do you want to take her in?" Reid asks.

"No there's someone I want to get," Reid nods and takes Penny away.

"She's mine," I say before sprinting to the stairs.

I take my gun out of my holster and start going up the stairs. I hear the door, and there she is. Sam.