3

The Minnesota Wild had an off day before their game against the Dallas Stars tomorrow night.

Matt and I continued talking over text messaging and I agreed to hanging out with him again.

I've started to notice that I've been smiling at every message Matt sent me. He was starting to make me happy, no matter how much I tried to stop my growing love for the twenty year old.

Even though I tried hard to tell him that he likes me, I felt more and more guilty and hypocritical about my love for him. Especially if I was the one to tell him I was falling for him, he'd laugh in my face about how I was targeting him for liking me, but all this time it was me who liked him.

I sighed and buried my head in my white, satin-covered pillow as I put my phone down expecting a response from Matt.

I got ready for my little "date" (if you would even call it that) with Matt at around noon. We agreed to meet each other at a mutual location in Saint Paul, then I would hop into his car and we were going to go eat together.

I was wearing a pair of blue jeans with a cute white and blue sweater. I had a necklace that my mom had given to me before she passed away when I was a junior in high school, and I always wear it whenever possible to always remember her. I was wearing a pair of brown ankle boots to complete the entire look.

I grabbed my purse, keys, and headed out the door and out to my car.

When I got to the public parking lot in downtown Saint Paul, Matt was leaning against his black Toyota, looking down at his phone.

He looked up and smiled as I got out of my car and locked it.

"Long time no see," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "We saw each other yesterday. Chill out," I chuckled as Matt got up from against the car and the two of us got into his car.

He started the car up again and we drove out of the parking lot.

"Blue looks good on you," he mentioned over the subtle rock music playing from the radio.

I glanced over at Matt, who had a small smile laid across his face, and my cheeks had started to redden and get hot.

"Uh, thanks," I stammered, not knowing what to feel about this conversation.

His smile quickly faded. "Everything alright?" He asked as he turned onto Minnesota Street.

I hesitated as I caught a wad of spit in my throat, possibly from the awkwardness and anxiety I was feeling.

I swallowed the spit building in my throat and forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm excited about this date—"

Matt's eyes darted toward the corners of his eyes to glance at me again. "Date?" He questioned.

My face started to redden faster. Fuck.

"I'm sure you take it as a date. Considering you obviously like me," I said with a smirk on my face.

Matt sighed. "Says the one whose face is redder than a tomato," he responded. "Maybe it's the other way around,"

My jaw dropped. "That's a bold accusation," I said.

He chuckled. "Well, my last name, quite literally, has the word 'bold' in it," he responded as his smile came back.

I rolled my eyes as I glanced back out of the window with a smile.

We pulled into the restaurant parking lot after a short, ten-minute drive from the Saint Paul parking lot. We both decided on an Italian-based restaurant, which I fully didn't mind because it turned out that the two of us loved Italian cuisine.