s e v e n

A/N: I feel like I'm saying this often but truly, thank you for your patience. I'm sorry it's taking me a while to update but I've been dealing with a lot 😭 I won't bore or overwhelm you with the details but things are getting better so I will be making my wattpad a priority. Thank you for sticking with me. It means more than you'll ever know. Much love 💋❤️

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

He knew, that the moment his lips touched hers, there would be no going back, but this was beyond anything he's ever expected. He kissed her like he was starving and only she could ease the pain hunger brought.  He desperately wanted to lose himself in her, never wanting to be found.

He deepened the kiss, swallowing her moans as if they belonged to him. His hands wandered, mapping each delicate curve and memorizing it. Her hips started to ground against his and my god, he could've came just from that. How pathetic was that? Suddenly, the noise from the bar came crashing back and he realized he was close to taking her in a dingy bar hallway not far from where the rest of his employees were getting trashed. He reluctantly parted from her, but not before dragging his nose against her neck, inhaling her scent that reminded him of wild flowers, he wasn't sure which kind. His chest heaved as if he had run a marathon as he took a few steps back, stopping himself from doing anything more like dragging her out of here and to the nearest hotel.

No, she deserved better.

Their passion made her look delectable. Her lips were slightly swollen and her hair a mess. He grinned with satisfaction — he did that. A guy brushed against his back as he moved past to the washroom and he didn't miss how his eyes lingered on y/n. Anger fuelled within him and he stepped in his line of vision, blocking him from seeing her. He run a hand down his face. She did this, reducing him into a mess of a possessive jerk that wanted to kill a guy just because he saw the beauty that was y/n undone.

"We should get out of here," he barked, a bit too roughly. What was the matter with him?

"Do you regret it?" Y/N suddenly asked, the hazy look leaving her eyes instead replaced with hurt. He softened his face and reached out a hand and gently held her chin.

"Not even one bit and that's the problem. Let's talk about this somewhere else."

The rain hit the car as he sat there, staring at a cliff that overlooked the city. He came here when things got too much and he wanted to escape and now he was sharing it with her. His hands were tight against the wheel. He didn't say anything, rather taking the time to think about what it was he was doing. It was clear that y/n affected him in ways no one else did but she was also an asset to his company. What would happen if things went sour? His heart seized at the thought of that. He realized he truly didn't care, he wanted her no — needed her.

He looked over at her and she was looking down at her hands on her lap. Shit. Did she take his silence as rejection or something? He cleared his throat and she looked at him, unshed tears shining in her eyes.

"That wasn't a mistake nor do I regret it," he said firmly, answering her question from before. He needed to reassure her that he had absolutely no regrets over what happened. In fact, he wanted to do it again. And again. And again.

"Then why do you look like you stepped on glass?" She asked softly.

He did? "Because you drive me insane. Ever since I saw you at the wedding, up has been down and down has been up. Every thought I have revolves around you and I don't know what to do with that. I'm the kinda guy that doesn't believe in the whole soulmate thing. I'm jaded that way. I know you're the opposite."

It was always the same. Memories of his previous partners reassuring him that they were okay, they didn't need anything more than just him came to mind but as always, it was never enough. A title. A ring. Moving in together. All of those became the daily arguments until they told him it was over. Would she be the same? Open the car door and walk out of his life because he was too fucked up to give her what she truly wanted?

"But one thing is clear," he continued. "I want to be selfish and take you. I want us to be so intertwined that we can't tell each other apart. I want to carry your scent like it's my cologne. I want things with you I've never wanted with anyone else but I'm so fucked up I don't know if I could give them to you."

She took a deep breath and finally looked at him and he was just about to fold right then and there. How was it possible for a human to be this gorgeous? "Maybe we shouldn't complicate things. This has been building since day one and what happened was just us letting go of some steam. We can part ways now and act like nothing ever happened."

"Are you trying to convince yourself or me?" He leaned closer, one arm draping over the back of her seat. "Because despite being convinced that I'm not made for long term, there's nothing more I want than to complicate things."

She gulped and his eyes followed the action. "What happens when you grow bored? Find someone else to chase?"

"Then you better run."