𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

Elena and Ethan quickly caught up to the group still hand in hand. Chad noticed and gave him a thumbs up but Elena didn't see because she was too focused on what Tara and Sam were arguing about. Ethan simply returned a small smile to and turned a light shade of red as he looked at their hands intertwined. 

"That guy was a dick! He was gonna take advantage of you!" Sam yelled at Tara who was speed-walking away from her older sister. Tara whipped around looking at her sister in annoyance. 

"So?! If I want to hook up with an asshole, that's my decision!" Tara yelled back. Elena could sense the tension in the group so she let go of Ethan's hand and stood next to Sam ready to tell both of them to shut it and stop fighting but she decided to let them talk this out because communication wasn't something the Carpenter sisters specialized in. 

"You're out of my life for five years and then you can't leave me alone for five minutes!" 

"Because you're not dealing with what happened to us!" Sam responded back a little calmer hoping to finally talk to Tara instead of seeing who could yell louder. 

Elena's face dropped at the mention of the Ghostface attack. Elena, Tara, Sam, Chad, and Mindy all survived the attack together back in Woodsboro. No matter how much of an act Elena puts up as the badass girl who isn't scared of anything, she was terrified that night and Ghostface became her biggest weakness.  

                                                                                         ꜰʟᴀꜱʜʙᴀᴄᴋ

Elena fell to the ground in agonizing pain after her best friend, Amber Freedman stabbed her in the back. Literally. Elena's painful sobs were causing Amber to feel bad and slightly annoyed, but she felt the need to give an explanation. 

"Elena stop crying. This is a good thing." Amber calmly said as blood quickly poured out of Elena's back. 

"What the fuck Amber?" Elena cried. 

"I needed to do this. Imagine all the attention it'll bring! I can finally be a part of something." Amber cheered with a wide smile. 

"You're happy for me right Lena?" 

"Fuck you! Who the fuck would be proud of the person who just stabbed them?!"

"I'm not sure. But I know who would be proud of me." Amber smirked and waited for a response from the girl but Elena was slowly losing her conscience and she couldn't get the energy to talk. 

"Your cousin." 

Shivers raced down Elena's spine. She wanted to kill Amber right then and there. She was tired of receiving all the hate, attention, and terrified looks from people just because of her cousin and look where it got her now. Jill Roberts was Ghostface back in 2011. She did it all for fame and Elena thought it was pathetic.

"Don't worry Lena, I'll carry on her legacy for you. I knew you were too weak to do it." Amber stood up with a huge smile as if she had just done Elena the biggest favor and she left, leaving her best friend to die. 

Paramedics confirmed Elena dead for 4 minutes but Elena was stronger than that. A stab to the back wasn't gonna take her out but it nearly did. She had so much ahead of her and the thought of not being able to graduate college, have kids, or find true love, hurt her. She wasn't ready to die. 

The truth was after the attack, Elena started experiencing anxiety attacks. Not randomly but whenever she remembered the attack or Ghostface, her chest tightened and she forgot how to breathe. They calmed down after she started seeing a counselor but she would rather not remember the moments. The sad part is that even after being stabbed in the back with an actual knife, the betrayal from her best friend hurt way worse. 

Elena didn't know what she would do if she experienced hurt like that again. 

"No! I'm not going to!" Tara said looking 10 times more annoyed at the conversation. 

"Why not?!" Sam exclaimed back. At this point, everyone was tired of the arguing and just wanted to go home and pretend nothing ever happened as they did every time the two sisters fought. 

"Because I'm uninterested in living in the past like you are!" 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sam sounded offended and Elena started to feel bad for the older sister. She knew Sam just wanted to protect Tara because Sam didn't have anyone to protect her.   

"It means I'm not gonna let what happened to us for three days define the rest of my life!" 

"You almost died Tara!" Elena yelled louder causing the tired friend group to slightly jump in surprise. Elena was obviously very anxious about the topic and desperately wanted the conversation to end but not before telling both sisters what each of them needed to hear.

"We all almost died! You can't just forget about something like that no matter how hard you try Tara! You aren't going to be normal and it's okay because we aren't either!" Elena waved her arms toward the friend group to show Tara that all of them besides Ethan and Anika had gone through the same thing together and that they would deal with the trauma together. 

"You are here right now arguing with your sister who just wants to protect you!" Elena scolded Tara before turning to Sam who was still staring at Tara in hurt. 

"Sam, I know you just want to protect her but Tara is strong and she can handle herself. You gotta let her go at some point." Elena said calmer than she talked to Tara and ended her sentence with a sympathetic look toward Sam and deep down Sam knew Elena was right. 

"Look out!" Chad and Ethan yelled at the same time. When Elena turned around, she and Sam were met with soda thrown at both of their faces leaving them drenched. 

"MURDERERS!" The group of girls yelled before running off. 

Elena had enough people fuck with her tonight and after this shit, she was ready to kill someone. 

A/N- DON'T WORRY SHES NOT GHOSTFACE. although should i make a fanfic where she is? anyways i promise i will have more ethan and elena in the next couple chapters im just trying my best to show elenas backstory so things arent confusing later on.