𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

"I'm so sick of this shit!" Elena groaned in anger and frustration. 

Her and Sam were always getting hate online because their lovely family members, Billy Loomis, and Jill Roberts, just had to be fucking psychotic and kill multiple human beings. The cherry on top was the two girls being in the middle of the Woodsboro attack and now people online started a rumor that Sam and Elena were the real murderers, not Richie and Amber.

Sam had already stormed off, pissed that she was having a rough night and now had diet cherry coke all over her. The group followed her but Ethan stayed back for Elena who in stayed in place twisting her hair hoping to drain the sticky drink out but it just made her hair frizzy and nappy. 

"I have tissues if you want tissues." Ethan came up from behind her and avoided eye contact while getting the tissues out of his pocket. Elena was furious at the moment and Ethan didn't want to possibly make it worse by one wrong look. 

"I have like 3 tissues." Ethan offered to the girl with a tight-lipped smile now looking at her, hoping to help her out.

Elena looked up at Ethan and suddenly all her anger melted away. She felt her tense body loosen and was finally able to take a deep breath. Elena didn't know how Ethan could make her feel so safe with just a small smile but she loved how she felt around him. She didn't know how someone could be so pure, so kind, so innocent. 

"Thank you" Elena smiled back and took the tissues wiping her chest and face. 

The friend group had already walked far ahead of the two so Ethan and Lena started walking side by side to the apartment. 

"That was cool what you did back there," Ethan said clearing his throat before his voice cracked due to how nervous he was. Elena looked at him and slightly laughed. 

"What did I do back there?" Elena responded because nothing she did tonight was out of the ordinary for her. 

"Cooled things down between Sam and Tara."

"Oh yeah. I care for them, I really do. It's just frustrating how they are always arguing. At least they have each other to argue with, or to overprotect." 

"What do you mean?" Ethan glanced at the tired girl with a concerned but also sympathetic look. 

Elena took a deep breath. "My cousin was like a big sister to me. I was young when she died, but after that, growing up, I had no one. Till I met Amber."

"Who's Amber?" Ethan lied. He knew everything about her and Amber's relationship and how the girl betrayed her best friend but Elena couldn't know that. The girl started fidgeting with the rings on her fingers. 

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to Lena."

"Maybe another time."

As they walked closely together, he softly took her hand in his and turned her to face him, stooping them in their tracks.

"I'm always here for you Lena, you know that right?" 

Elena sighed knowing that she couldn't push people away forever but she didn't want to lose the next person she lets "be there for her". 

"Yeah, I know." Elena looked up at Ethan searching in his eyes for sincerity, she could tell he deeply meant it.

Ethan's eyes traveled from her eyes to her lips and back up as he leaned in. They could feel each other's breath and were about to close the gap before Elena's phone rang, scaring the two teens.  

"Hello?" Elena rolled her eyes and answered the phone call from Chad. 

"Elena, where are you and Ethan? We got to the apartment like 10 minutes ago." 

"I know we just walk slower than you guys."

"Hurry up then! See you soon" Chad hangs up leaving an awkward silence between Ethan and Elena as they continue walking to the apartment. 

The only thing Ethan thought about the rest of the walk is how he would've slit Amber's throat if she wasn't already dead. It pissed him off how someone could hurt Elena like that and he never wanted her to feel that pain ever again. But fuck. He was starting to lose track of his goal. His family's goal. 

His family is important to him. More important than Elena?

Ethan needed to listen to what his heart wants.

A/N - AHHHHHH that's my note.