𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

After Mindy's rant, everyone decided to spend the night at Sam and Tara's apartment to stay close together but Elena need to stop by the library first. She walks away from the group before Ethan grabs his backpack following her. 

"Hey," Ethan grabs Lena's hand to hold her back so he can catch up. She pulls her hand back pretending to fix her shirt.  

"Hi," The girl responds dryly not looking towards him.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No why?" Elena responds obviously bothered that he can keep lying to her. 

"Elena come on" Ethan sighs grabbing her hand to stop her from walking so now they are face to face in the middle of campus. 

"What Ethan? I told you everything is fine so why do you keep pushing?" 

"I know you're not fine. I told you that you can talk to me about anything and I meant it. So tell me. Please?" He looks at her with a look of desperation and worries that he did something wrong. 

"What's going on with you and Quinn?" Ethan's face loses color. Elena scoffs and starts walking away again. 

"Wait! Elena wait." Ethan stands in front of her. The girl stops and just looks down. 

"It's not what you think I swear. Please believe me." He takes her hands in his. 

"So tell me what it is!"

"There's nothing going on Lena!" 

"So why does she look at me like she hates me whenever we're together? Is she jealous because she had something with you and you moved on?" Elena wanted to stop thinking about this whole thing because the thought of Ethan just using the girl to make Quinn jealous hurt. 

"I promise you there isn't anything between me and Quinn and there never was! Come on Lena you can't seriously think I'd do something like that to you right?" 

Ethan looks into Lena's eyes sincerely. Elena gives in. She hates how she can't allow herself to trust anyone and now look where it's gotten her. She's arguing with the one boy that's cared for her, is patient with her, and makes her smile like she hasn't in a while. 

"You're right Im sorry Ethan. I just- I don't know how to stop the feeling of not being able to trust someone. It's like I'm scared someone I love will hurt me and I'm just worrie-" 

Ethan kisses her. 

They break away."You could've just told me to shut up you know?" Elena softly laughs

"Where's the fun in that?" He smirks 

"The moment of not hearing me talk for once" 

"That's boring. I love listening to you" Ethan takes her hand in his as they continue walking. 

A/N: short chapter ik but I wanted to get this draft out there.