2

Every Little Step - Bobby Brown

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

August 28, 1981, Encino, CA

Michael's P.O.V

"Michael Wake up!!" Randy says loudly "Oh my gosh fine," I say rolling my eyes "What do you want?" I ask him "You do remember tomorrow is your birthday right?" he says to me, why wouldn't I remember my birthday stupid "Yes," I say with no emotion. "Is there another reason why you are here in my room?" I say visibly getting pissed "Yes.." Randy says quietly.."What is it?" I say rolling my eyes. "well... I wanted to ask if I could borrow your suit for something.." he says quietly. 

I'm annoyed that he keeps asking for my things does mother not buy clothes for him? "What do you need it for?" I ask "Well I'm going on a date with this girl again...and I don't have any suits," he said "You know what just look in the closet and see if you find one.." I say "Thanks Michael!" he says happily.  "You're welcome.." I say quietly. I'm just taking a walk because am a bit stressed out. I change out of my pajamas and put on some jeans, a plain white shirt, and some random Nike sneakers I got from Jackie. I walk down the stairs. "Bye Mother I'm going to take a walk," I say "Alright," Mother says. I leave the house. And I see the girl I saw the other day at the flower shop.  "Aren't you the girl I saw at the flower shop?" I question "Oh Yeah!" she says  "How are you?" she asks with her soft voice "I'm fine how about you?" I ask  "I'm doing fine.." she says quietly "I didn't expect to see you around here again," she says "Well I live here," I say "Wait really?" she asks "I live here as well" she points to her house "I live to the house next door from yours," I say to her

"Well I can tell I saw you walking out of the house," she says chuckling "Oh yeah.." I say scratching my head. "well it was nice seeing you around here," I say "Wait.. I never got your name" she says grabbing my arm "Oh it's Michael what about you?" I say to her "Athena" she says with her kind voice "And before you go Michael..is it alright if we are friends" she says. "Sure" I smile. She gives me a piece of paper with her number on it. "Make sure you call it at some point," she says with a smile. I nod as she says that. I put the piece of paper in my pocket.. and continue taking a walk. I decided to go home after a couple of minutes. 

As soon as I reach home I quickly run up the stairs and decide to dial the number she gave me. I Hear a voice on the phone "Hello?" they say "Is this Athena?" I ask "Yes why?" she says "Well it's Michael.." I say to her "OH.. hey Michael!" she says.. "MICHAEL!" Janet yells from the other side of my bedroom door "Hold on... Yes, Janet?" I say "Can you open the door?" she says "alright gimme a second" I open up the door "Do you need something," I ask "Well yes I was wondering if you could play this board game with me?" she says "yeah sure in a couple of minutes??" I ask "Yeah," she says... "sorry about that," I say to Athena. "it's fine don't worry," she says in her soothing voice.

I honestly feel like am falling in love. She's just so gorgeous and sweet and kind. "Michael?" she cuts me from my thoughts "Oh yes?" I say "I was gonna say we should get to know each other more," she says "Yeah we should," I say "Well do you have any siblings?" she asks "Yeah I have about..9 or 10 I can't keep up," I say "wow you have a big family," she says "do you have any?" I ask her "Well sorta I have this one half-sister who lives in Pennsylvania I don't like her if am be honest," she says "Oh nice," I say not trying to make  this awkward "Michael, are you ready to play the game?" Janet says "Sorry Athena I got to go..my sister is forcing me to play this random board game with her." I say she chuckles a bit "Aww bye Mike" she says, did she just call me Mike... "bye Athena" I smile. I Hang up "Alright Janet I'm ready now." I say "Finally Michael took you long enough," Janet says playfully rolling her eyes.

a/n i rlly tried writing alot more but am to lazy :/