Yeh Mera sapna hai ya hakeekat...

27/04/2023

" Pata nhi hostel aisa kyun hai apna? Na painting dhang ki hai na hi khana... "

" Yaar khane ki baat hi nhi kro... Abhi jab main aa rhi thi mess se paani bharke toh pata hai Maine kya dekha? " One of my friends said entering the room.

" Kya? " We all asked.

" Billi cat walk kr rhi thi apne dining table pe " She showed us the pic she clicked at the right time just next to the salt box.

" Main ab kal se khana nhi khaungi mess ka.. " I made a face and said.

The discussion on the bad side of our hostel continued and when I went to bed to sleep... I woke up in jolt after a few minutes which was actually after hours and what I remember I saw in my dreams was as follows... But was it really a dream...?
.
.
.

" Kahan dhyan rehne laga hai tumhara, huh? Tum internship kr rhi ho pata hai na tumhe? "

" Sorry Mam but Mam I did my best... "

" Humne pehle hi sab ko samjha rakha hai ki yeh private hospital hai... Har case nhi le sakte hum... Emergency kit humare paas bhar bharke nhi rakhe hote hai... Woh suicidal poison case tha... "

" And I did report it to the police... "

" Haan tabhi pata chala mujhe ki yahan aisa case liya gaya hai... "

" But that patient survived... " Mam showed me the hand to stop me from saying further and said,

" We have some policy in our hospital. And I want everyone to follow that. "

Later, as my mind was on that case, a good prognosis of a patient became bad because of my lack of alertness...

" Look what you have done... Dr. Shifa, take care of the case. And you... come to my office. " It was the CEO of the hospital, also a surgeon working in different hospitals on call.

" You were recommended because of your family. I knew them for years. We are family friends and is that what you will show as a result of that decision? "

" I am sorry Sir. My mind was in another place due to the poison case and... "

" Listen to me very carefully... I can suspend you in that case... But i will not. Instead I want you to give me a seminar in the case of the patient. Everything... Its anatomy, physiology, pathology, PSM, treatment everything... "

" Sure Sir. "

I walked out to collect my things when I heard people saying,

" Aur aaye family recommendation se...Aisa hi hona chahiye... Bada guroor tha na ise... "

" Bahut taarif suni thi na pichle 2 mahino se ... Toh Aisa hona hi chahiye tha... "

" I didn't help her for personal reasons even when I knew she was doing wrong... " I looked at her... The nurse who got punished for her carelessness because of me a month ago and now she was saying this...

" Miss. Amna, come to my office right now... " The speaker called her angrily and that speaker was non other than the CEO himself. My heart felt like she will be punished for her doings, after all, why didn't she stop me there when I was doing wrong.
I felt guilty for what I did and to clear my mind, I thought to drop by the park before going to hostel.
I booked the cab and the cab was just w minutes away.
The car started to drive to the destination when all the overthinking in my mind activated my lacrymal gland.
I started crying.

Why did it happen to me?
That poison case in the 1st place would have happened... But I was so reluctant to save the patient...
.
.
.
I always received compliments and rewards from my senior doctors... Maybe it was others jealousy over my way of treatment...
.
.
.
I need a break... I need break from this negative place and the other one, hostel... Mann karta hai bhar bhar k gaali dun lekin main woh ladki nhi Jo gaali de...
Kaash meri shaadi ho jaye... Main bhaag jaun iss jahannam se... Kuch toh chutkara milega...