Bad dream

Summary:

Peter being the cute cinnamon roll he is

No one's pov:

Peter was 8 years old and had always been a sound sleeper. But lately, he'd been having terrible nightmares that left him feeling scared and alone. He tried to be brave and handle it on his own, but the nightmares just kept getting worse.

One night, Peter woke up screaming for his dads. "Papa, Daddy, Dada, come save me, please!" he cried. He was so scared, he didn't even want to stay in his own bed anymore. He grabbed his stuffed Winnie the Pooh toys - Winnie, Tiger, Piglet, and Eeyore - and ran to his dads' room, tears streaming down his face.

His dads heard him crying and quickly rushed to his side. "Peter, what's wrong?" Steve asked, scooping him up into his arms.

"I had a bad dream," Peter said, still sobbing. "It was so scary."

"It's okay, buddy," Bucky said, rubbing his back. "We're here for you."

Tony came over and hugged him too. "You're safe now," he said. "We won't let anything happen to you."

Peter felt so much better in his dads' arms. He fell asleep there, and his dads let him stay with them for a few months. They knew how important it was for him to feel safe and secure, especially at night.

One day, Tony decided to make a room closer to Peter's, so his dads could be there for him whenever he needed them. "I'll make sure it's the coolest room ever," he said, grinning.

"Thanks, Tony," Steve said, ruffling Peter's hair. "That's really thoughtful of you."

Bucky nodded. "We'll all be there for you, no matter what," he said.

Peter smiled, feeling grateful for his dads. "I love you guys," he said.

"We love you too, kiddo," Tony said, smiling.

Peter still had bad dreams from time to time, but he wasn't as afraid anymore. He knew his dads would always be there to comfort him and keep him safe. And whenever he felt scared, he'd run to their room and snuggle up with them, feeling their warmth and love.

Word count: 353