He is gone

Requested by: hearts_4_bucky

Summary: 465

Bucky is not handling Steve's leaving and Sam comforts him

Word count: 475

No one's pov:

Bucky Barnes sat on the couch in his smal apartment, staring blankly of the nasses pagag goats old black-and-white movie. He couldn't focus on it, couldn't focus on anything. All he could think about was Steve. His best friend, his partner, the one person who truly understood him, had left him behind.

"Hey man, you okay?"
Bucky looked up to see Sam Wilson standing in the doorway, holding a bag of groceries. "Yeah," he mumbled, forcing a small smile. "Just watching a movie."

Sam raised an eyebrow, clearly not convinced. "Uh-huh." He walked over and set the groceries on the kitchen counter. "Listen, I know things haven't been easy for you. But you can't just sit here and mope all day."

Bucky sighed. "I know, but...it's hard. Steve was everything to me. And now he's gone."

"I know," Sam said sympathetically. "But you can't let it consume you. You need to take care of yourself."

Bucky nodded. "I know you're right. I just...don't know how to move on."

Sam pulled out some ingredients from the bag. "Well, how about we start with something simple? I brought food. Let's make dinner together."

Bucky managed a small smile. "Okay. That sounds nice."

Over the next few weeks, Sam became a regular fixture in Bucky's life. He would stop by every day with food, and they would cook dinner together. Sometimes they would watch movies, or play video games.

Sam was always there, a steady presence that helped to fill the void Steve had left behind.

One night, Sam had stayed over for a movie night. Bucky had fallen asleep on the couch, but was soon jolted awake by a nightmare. He sat up, gasping for breath, as images of his time as the Winter Soldier flashed before him.

Sam was instantly by his side, wrapping an arm around him. "Hey, hey. It's okay. It was just a dream, I've got you Bucky your safe."

Bucky clung to him, grateful for the comfort. "I'm sorry," he whispered. " didn't mean to wake you"

Sam shook his head. "Don't apologise. You don't have to go through this alone."

And with that, Sam pulled Bucky closer, wrapping him up in a warm embrace. They stayed like the while, just holding each other, until Bucky's breathing had finally calmed down.

"Thanks," he murmured, feeling a sense of peace that he hadn't felt in months. "Your a really good friend"

Sam smiled. "Anytime, man. That's what friends are for."

Bucky smiled back, feeling a glimmer of hope. Maybe he wasn't alone after all. Maybe, with Sam by his side, he could begin to heal. And maybe, just maybe, he could start to move on from Steve's departure