3

'because,' he paused, giggling a little 'I want to know who I'm looking at.'

her blood ran cold and her face paled. she stopped pacing, frozen in place behind the couch.

'what.'

'I said, I want to know who I'm talking to.'

'no, that's not... you didn't-' her voice cracked and she turned her back to the window, stepping back towards the reciever. 'I should go.'

-----

'Listen here, Y/n, if you put that phone down, I will GUT you, just like I did your little friend, CASEY.' something in him snapped, and now his words were coming out rushed and truly terrifying, he meant what he was saying.

Y/n paused her movements, shock and horror enveloping her. how did he know her name? he was the one that killed Casey? who was he?

she put the phone back up to her ear, tears rolling down her cheeks. she couldn't speak, all that could be heard from the other side was her sniffles and whimpers as she waited for the mysterious murderer to speak again.

'good. now, let's play a little game. that sounds fun, doesn't it, doll?' his voice was back to normal now, slick and smooth.

'n-no... I really don't want to...' Y/n almost whispered the words, choking back a sob.

'no, don't say that... I'll make it nice and easy for you, easier than I did for Casey! you just gotta answer two questions, that doesn't sound so bad, does it?' he crooned the words, rubbing salt in her wound when he brought up Casey again.

'ok.. fine.'

'great! first question. am I inside or outside your house?'

Y/n's breath caught in her throat and she moved the phone away from her ear slightly, to listen to her surroundings better. she could hear the small creaking of floorboards upstairs.

'inside. youre inside.' she answered confidently, blinking back the tears as she shuffled, as quietly as possible, to the door.

'yes, well done. that wasn't so hard, you were just being dramatic. now. second question.'

Y/n shook her head as she started undoing one of the few locks on the door (after a break-in near her home, her parents had put up some extra safety precautions, so instead of 1 or 2 locks, there were 5).

'i-i really don't want to.'

'this one's easier, so you shouldn't have much trouble- seeing as you managed to answer the other one so well.' he paused for a bit, allowing Y/n to focus more on the one with the code. 'where am I?'

this made Y/n pause her ministrations, but only for a second as she returned to entering the code quickly. that was the last lock, she just had to hang up and run now.

'upstairs, somewhere upstairs.'she replied, getting ready to press the END CALL button again.

'wrong.' the voice wasn't coming from the phone.

she swivelled round to be met with a tall, muscular figure clad in black. his face was obscured by a mask. it's eyes drooped and it's mouth was permanently screaming. the rest of his outfit was a long, slightly torn robe and heavy black boots.