6

-----

the girls made it to blockbuster only a minute or two after Stu did, and upon seeing him and Billy, Tatum and Sidney took their leave- after suggesting a few movies for the party.

Y/n, Randy and Stu were stood by a shelf of half-stocked romance movies, staring not-so discreetly at Billy. stood in the horror section. after being accused of murder.

'I mean, thats just in poor taste.' Randy sighed, shoving a few tapes onto the shelf and shaking his head.

his friends turned back to him, confused looks on their faces. 'what do you mean?' the girl questioned, grimacing slightly as she watched him talk to two blonde bimbos.

'hello? he's in the horror section. a murderer, in the horror section!' Randy rolled his eyes, sending a look to Y/n, who stuck her tongue out at him.

'no, it was a misunderstanding. he didn't do it, he got released, duuuh!' Stu flicked the boy on the forehead. 'you coming to the party tonight?'

'mmhm, off early; curfew.' Randy looked up from stacking and shook his head disapprovingly at Stu. 'you know, you're such a little lap dog, guy's got killer printed all over his forehead.'

'then whyd the police let him go?' Y/n quipped, giggling slightly.

'because, Y/n, they don't watch enough horror movies. this is standard horror movie stuff- prom night revisited.'

'why would he want to kill Y/n? she's our best friend. didn't think about that, did ya Meeks?'

'there's always some sort of bullshit reason, Stuart. that's the beauty of it all, simplicity. besides, if its too complicated, you lose your target audience.'

'so whats his reason?' Y/n asked, genuinely wanting to know the answer now, even if it wasn't true.

'I dunno... maybe he's in love with you and he got too bloodthirsty, or... he thought because you have more friends you'd leave him or something.' Randy mumbled, eyes trained downwards again. 'hey! now that Billy's tried to mutilate you, d'ya think I could fill the spot of best friend and potential love interest?' Randy looked up, sending Y/n a wink and a grin- not noticing Stu's deadly glare.

before Y/n could answer, Stu pipes up. 'not to upset you, but I think it might be one of your parents- or Sidneys dad. why can't the police find them?'

'because, Sid's dads probably dead somewhere. his body will come popping out in the last reel somewhere- eyes gouged out! see, the police are always off track with this shit, if they'd just watch Prom Night, they'd save time. there's a formula to it! a very simple formula! everybody's a suspect!' his voice began to get louder and louder, until it could be the only thing heard in the establishment and all eyes were on the three. Randy cleared his throat, scanning the shelves to make sure everything was in order. 'while they're investigating a dead end, Billy's out there, planning his next kill.'

Randy hadn't noticed said person creep up behind him, until he almost jumped out of his skin when he felt his hands clamp down on his shoulders. Randy spun around, a weak, sorry grin on his face.

'how do we know you're not the killer?' Billy hissed.

'hey... Billy...' Randy chuckled weakly, turning for a millisecond to Y/n and Stu in hopes of help.

'maybe, your movie-freaked mind lost its reality button?' Billy backed away slightly, eyes flicking to Y/n and Stu, who were now observing the scene from beside the two.

'you're absolutely right! I'll even be the first to admit it, if this were a scary movie, I'd be the prime suspect.' Randy chuckled, shrugging and seizing up as Stu was up behind him, front pressed to back, arms loosely hanging around his shoulders. Billy closed the space between them, so it was now a Randy sandwich.