Chapter 19

"Morphine, a good dosage. She needs to be silenced." I heard a nurse mutter into the other's ear, though I was still screaming after Link, my throat ripped with pain.

They had tied me down to the bed with rope, and one of the nurses left the room to get Morphine. The other simply began filling out papers, visibly zoning out the level of noise I was making.

After about thirty seconds, she went off into the other half of the room to file the papers, her back turned to me. 

I continued making as much noise, but I began to brainstorm ideas then.

I spotted some surgery tools beside my bed to the left, one of which was a scalpel. 
It was perfect.

I reached to the side, but I couldn't get my hand far enough. Still screaming and wailing to give the illusion that I wasn't trying to escape, I sobbed and, pausing for a breath, I leaned over and grabbed the scalpel in my mouth, quickly dropping it in my lap before wailing again, making it sound like I had simply taken a much needed gasp for air.

from here I could reach the scalpel with my left hand and, gripping it with my fingers, I held it facing upwards against the rope.  

Then, taking another break for a breath of air, I used my mouth to drag the blade across my hand, sawing into it. It had to be carried out about three or four times before the rope actually snapped, but from here I picked up the scalpel and, still kicking up a fuss noise-wise, I sawed off the other ropes and leaped off my bed, bursting through the doors, hearing the nurse drop all her papers and chase after me.

The moonlight blasted through the windows, providing enough light for me to navigate my way round the castle. 

Guards began chasing me too, along with maids. But I was too far ahead.

A couple times, I was so far ahead that I couldn't see them behind me.

I approached the hall leading into the training grounds and, bolting it shut behind me, I ran down the stone hallway and down the stairs, shoving the double doors open.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!"

Gasps could be heard from all across the space as my eyes landed on the sight in the middle of the court.

Link was on his knees, his face screwed up and pointing to the sky, a massive blade being held to his throat.

"Princess." Guards took a knee at the sight of me.

"Did you hear what I said?!" I yelled, storming towards the guard holding the sword.

I smacked it away from his grip, the blade making a 'clanging' sound as it hit the ground. "Don't touch him."

"Step away, Zelda." My father advised from behind me.

I turned to see him sitting comfortably, rising to approach me. "I knew you'd come for him."

"Father, you will not do this."

"Who are you?" He began. "Are you my daughter?"

"I am your daughter. And I am the Princess of Hyrule."

"Ahh, yes. But you are not the King." He shoved me to the side. "Guards, proceed."

"Father, stop!" I begged, my knees feeling as though they were about to let me collapse onto the jagged ground. "Please, father, please, I'm sorry!"

"YOU MADE A PROMISE!" He pushed me to the ground as people rushed over to help me up. "When I heard what I heard, I did not picture my daughter." He crossed his arms. "The only image I could see was that of a slut."