A Returning Face

"Hello. My name is Suk-chin Kang. You guys can just call me Suk-chin, though. It's nice to meet you all."

Instantly, class 2-B of Kuoh Academy went crazy.

The newest transfer student, Suk-chin Kang, raised an eyebrow.

The girls in class were losing their minds. Some were squealing, while others were whispering and giggling to each other.

He was tall, had messy black hair, and piercing silver eyes.

"A total freaking hottie!"

"In our class? We're so lucky!"

"Oh, I hope he sits next to me!"

Well, he called it whispering. But it wasn't very quiet.

While the girls were gushing, the guys didn't seem to take too kindly to his introduction.

A dark cloud seemed to form over the male populace of the class as they sized him up with hateful glares.

"What's with these extreme reactions?" He wondered aloud.

"That's enough, everyone!" The class' homeroom teacher called out loudly, getting everyone to snap out of it quickly. The instant shift back to normality only confused Suk-chin even more.

"Is it... always like this?" He asked, slightly bewildered.

The teacher only sighed. "I sincerely apologize for the aggressive first impressions. You can take the first middle seat in the fifth row over there." The teacher gestured to the convienently empty desk. "Do you have your textbooks?"

"I do." Suk-chin answered. Dear god do I ever. "The uh, student council president made sure that I had everything I needed."

The teacher nodded solemnly. "I understand. You may take your seat now."

Moving to his designated desk, the teacher didn't waste any time in beginning the class. It took some time for him to mentally catch up, but Suk-chin eventually found himself riding the rythm of the classroom.

...

The bell rang, signifying the end of class.

Suk-chin grabbed his textbook with his left hand and placed it in his bag. But before he could even stand up, his desk was surrounded.

"Hey! You said your name was Suk-chin Kang, right?"

"Why did you transfer here? Where were you before this?"

"Are you foreign?"

"You look just like a celebrity!"

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

Suk-chin had a bewildered expression on his face for a moment, before eventually shaking out of it with a sigh.

"Okay, in order..." He looked around and pointed at one of the girls. "Yes, my name is Suk-chin Kang. You can just call me by my first name, though." He pointed to another. "I used to live here a long time ago, and recently decided to move back. I was... well, in Korea before this."

Then to another. "Well, I was born in Japan, but I'm only partially japanese. I'm also korean." The next one. "Thank you?" It wasn't really a question, so he moved on quickly.

Finally, "No. I don't have a girlfriend."

At that answer, all the girls squeed, and started talking all at the same time.

It was only at that moment that it fully sunk in for him that the only people talking to him right now were girls.

What are the guys doing?