Ch.3: Mr. Beagle

"I'm dead I'm dead I'm DEAD!" Daisy repeated to herself as she ran down her street.

She had just gotten herself together in the nick of time running with her backpack over her shoulder to the bus stop.

Turning the corner she saw the last person entering the bus. With a burst of energy, she ran to the door.

"Danny! Danny! Don't go! Wait!"

Danny, the human bus driver, saw Daisy running towards the bus and began to laugh a bit to himself. He waited for her and watched as she entered.

"Didn't know you could run that fast little lady, where's the fire?" Danny leaned on the arm of his seat.

"It's my FIRST day of work and I woke up late." She spoke, out of breath.

"Oh jeez, kid, where's it at?"

"It's the Welcome Home studio."

He whistled in amazement, "You landed yourself a job there?"

"I had connections, but I'm sure it'll be my first and last day."

Danny laughed a bit, "No worries, I'll get you there. Hang on."

"Hang on?" She repeated.

It wasn't until Danny aggressively pulled out did she understand what he meant. Daisy grabbed onto the pole for dear life as the bus driver weaved around the road. Only a person who knew the city, as well as he, could do this.

Despite it all the passengers didn't bat an eye as city folk were generally used to nonsense like this.

"Alright kid, this is as far as I can take you. Can you get there yourself?"

"Of course, I can, thank you, Danny."

"Anytime, little lady." He winked at her before closing his doors and driving away.

Daisy clutched her backpack and walked a few blocks. She had more time now and didn't have to run, taking in the moments before she would meet THE Wally Darling.

Upon turning the corner there she saw *Big House Studios. She'd visited many times as golden statues of each of the characters lined up the front. Wally however had his own statue that was converted into a waterfall just near the entrance of the building.

It was busy with people walking in and out, both muppets and humans. They were dressed professionally, much more than her. She'd never been inside however which was exciting.

After pushing through the swivel door she was greeted with an array of rainbow colors formed into decor throughout the large room. In the center was a large circular counter that held many people working at computers or helping other people. She approached the first person she saw, placing her hands on the edge of the desk.

"Uhm, good morning."

The man glanced up for a second then his eyes went back to the computer, "Hello, welcome to Big House Studios, Home of Welcome Home, do you have an appointment today?"

"Sort of, I'm here to see *James Anderson, Mr. Beagle's manager."

The man paused, looked at her again, then continued to type away on his computer, "Your name?"

"Daisy Dukes."

"Alright Daisy," He then placed a clipboard in front of her with a paper on it and an id card, "Fill this out and I'll contact Mr. Anderson."

She nodded and began to fill out the paperwork as the man called. It didn't take long before a familiar voice called out to her.

"Daisy!" James yelled in excitement.